• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fixing the old place to sell = Pain !!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Good news ! The folks that are buying the house want to put down the new floor tile himself . He wants to do some custom design in the tile . Thats fine with me !!! Just cut 4 days off my leave time . :clap:

If I get 10 straight days of sunshine I could leave this fickin state for good !!!! That should give me more than enough time to get everything finished up .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll trade my bombi for that truck

I bet you would LOL.... Its been in the family for a number of years . Dad's pride and joy . You can have it for about $11,000 . Its a steal at that price .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Going to install the new Mold Resistance Sheetrock on the concrete wall this morning . Also picked up some Tyvek as a under liner . Thought a little extra insurance could not hurt any . The Dry lock Sealant sure seemed to do a nice job on stopping all moisture .
Had a hard freeze last night , that I was not expecting . I hope I did not freeze any pipes in the shop :doh: .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Sheetrock all installed . Taping tomorrow . 3 new windows ordered today. Downstairs carpet gets torn out tomorrow .:clap:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good job Al. Sounds like you are coming right along. I have to admit, I been hoping for another showing by that spider. That was too funny. :yum: :hide:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Good job Al. Sounds like you are coming right along. I have to admit, I been hoping for another showing by that spider. That was too funny. :yum: :hide:

No more bugs ......so far . :unsure:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
John might outbid her just so he can sleep at night! Redheads with swords can be a dangerous thing!!!:w00t2:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
John might outbid her just so he can sleep at night! Redheads with swords can be a dangerous thing!!!:w00t2:

My favorite is still the sword cane that my wife recieved from her grandfathers estate . She never knew it was a sword cane until I saw the faint line in the wood by the handle . took me a second to fine the release buttom and my wife about crapped when I pulled out the sword !!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Will spray new texture on sheetrock tomorrow . Almost done with the inside !!! Should be interior painting on Monday !:clap:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Texture came out great . I have one of those hand help texture guns with the little hopper . Its great for doing repairs and has 5 setting for spray type texture .I highly reconmend getting one if you do sheetrock repair . I run the operating air pressure at about 35 pounds when spraying . Inside of the house will be done tomorrow .

On another note I could not find my new Meter to check the voltage on my Boom lift battery's today . I finally gave up and went to town and bought another one . Wanna guess what I found when I put the new one away in the shop ????? Now I have 2 . I am such a knucklehead !:sad:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well , the inside remodel work is done . I am now heading outside to finish up whats left to do . Everything is still on schedule for the big move in about 2 weeks .:clap:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
UP YOURS !!!! I got it running again today and half of the house is now pressure washed . I won't let that SOB touch it !!!

My home is all natural Cedar and I love the look of the wood . Its a lot of work to keep it looking this way , but I think it is well worth it .
Should finish the pressure washing tomorrow, than I have to let it set and dry out a few days before I reoil with Chevron Shingle oil .

Attachments

• Nevada City House 001.jpg
    Nevada City House 001.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 84

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well ,,,, About two hours in the morning and I'll have this baby all pressure washed . Still got the well House and Gazebo on the lake to do . Sure makes it nice to have the boom lift working again . I honestly do not know how the hell I lived without one for so many years . It make gutter cleaning a snap .
I'll let the old place dry for a few days and then hopefully I can shoot some Shingle Oil on it .
Its suppose to start snowing tomorrow and hopefully I can get the last little bit done , before that happens .
Then its time to start packing up in boxes and getting ready to hit the road .

53 years I lived here in this county . I can honesty say its time to leave .

A new adventure is getting ready to start !!!:clap::clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You won't regret getting out of there. Best move we ever made was leaving all that rat race behind and moving to the hills. Good luck on the move.:clap:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You won't regret getting out of there. Best move we ever made was leaving all that rat race behind and moving to the hills. Good luck on the move.:clap:
You know guys ???? Elk city is close to everywhere . Why don't you all stop by an visit a bit . Hell, I might even put you up for a night or two . If you bring Rum ,I could extend it maybe to 3 nights . 4th of July is a kick in the pants around here . And when the ground squirrels start popping out , its about as much fun as a fella can have in on a summer evening .
There so many fish in the local stream that it is best to tie yourself to a tree before casting into the crick . Would not want to see you drug into the crick and drown .:yum:

You know Big Guys get lonely too ...............And I am bigger than most .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Pressure washing is all done . Guess it don't matter much . We got so much snow between here and Idaho , it may take a few weeks to get moved .

I actually may have to dig myself into the Ranch to live there . I got the tractor ready to roll with the blower attached , sitting in the barn . May need to use the neighbors Ski Doo just to get there ....

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You could always get a 601 to park by the road. Then you would be able to get in to look at the Krusti!:yum::yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
May not have been one of my smarter ideas pressure washing the house in a snow storm ,yesterday . I am so sore I can hardly move today . Think I may be comming down with a cold .
I did get out to the shop and started boxing up stuff that needs to go to Idaho . I think I have enough engine oil and ATF oil for the rest of my life .
Gave two big boxes of tools to my daughter .

I figure I have 4 more days just packing up the cabinets in the garage . I have 54 LF of builtin lower and upper cabinets and all of them are full .

So far I added 5 sets of Battery jumper cables to the pile .
Trying to sort out what I need and what needs to go to yard sale .
Decided to just leave the Radial arm saw and 6" planer that I have built in to the cabinets .

Looks like I may have enough stuff to have the largest Hardware store in Western Idaho . I can't believe all the stuff !!!!:sad:

I sure am excited about leaving and starting a new page in my life , but 20 years of stuff is a pain to sort out . I have more than enough room in the new shop for all the stuff, but this time I am going to set it up so I have a better idea of what I have . I bet there is easliy $75000 dollars in stuff that got put away and forgotten about , that I have found . Its like a treasure hunt .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I sorted mine into basic categories as I was loading the shelves etc. Plumbing has an area. Electrical, auto parts and tools. Nails and screws each have their own area. Bolts and nuts are separated into bins. Tools are hung up together. I used pegboard and have all my hammers hanging up in one area etc. levels and tapes and squares have a section. It is time consuming but saves a lot of time spent hunting stuff.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I wouldn't worry about it too much Al, if you are using a moving company then once the movers see all your cool stuff they are going to steal it anyways. :poke:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Got the equipment yard all sorted out today . I have never seen it empty !!!
Getting a pretty big load of steel scrap for the recycler
First load goes to the Hospice thrift store tomorrow:smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Be careful what you throw out! You know you will need it 2 weeks after you scrap it!:yum::yum::yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Back is so sore I can hardly move this morning . Gotta get out and start moving to get it loosened up .

I can see at least 8 trips to the Ranch to move everything . Want to know what I will be doing most of Dec ????:sad::w00t2: