• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Photoshop experts

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a couple classes on Photoshop 7 a few years ago. I haven't used it regularly enough to remember how to do much with it. Frustrating.

I have a color I need to match exactly. I know Photoshop can do it, but don't know how. I'm using ver7.0. I have a jpg pic and want to match a particular color. I need an exact match.

I'm also wanting to know how do you color fill an area?

Thanks! :wave:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Well I know just enough about PS to give some probably wrong advice but like LB, that won't stop me.:D

The eyedropper tool can 'suck up' a sample from the color you want to copy. Then you can go and paint with that precise color.

Also you can select an area with the magic wand, then 'pour' that eyedropper-selected color into the selected outline.

Or something like that.

Do we have an expert in the house?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks CA. The eyedropper tool has the color sampler option also. That helped. The magic wand can partition off the area to be colored but I can't find the right tool to fill the area....or I'm not using the eyedropper tool correctly. :pat:

Any other hints?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
Thanks CA. The eyedropper tool has the color sampler option also. That helped. The magic wand can partition off the area to be colored but I can't find the right tool to fill the area....or I'm not using the eyedropper tool correctly. :pat:

Any other hints?

I don't know PS at all, but usually the area fill icon looks like a paint bucket being tipped over.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang Dave, yer good!!!!
I found a tipping paint bucket and tried it and it worked. :pat:

THANKS!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Geez, sleep in and I get one upped by some guy who doesn't even have Photoshop!

You can also use the "Fill" option under the "Edit" menu.