• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Alec Baldwin Tries to Commit Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter

So remember when Alec Baldwin left that insane voicemail for Kim Basinger where he called their daughter Ireland a "thoughtless little pig?" He just tried to kill himself in front of her last night. Us Magazine reports:
Early Thursday morning, NYC's WNBC News reported that Baldwin, 51, was taken to Lenox Hill Hospital after his 14-year-old daughter, Ireland, called 911, claiming that the 30 Rock star was "unresponsive" in their West Side apartment.
A law enforcement official tells the Associated Press that Baldwin and his young daughter had argued and she told 911 he had threatened to take pills. (The official spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the person wasn't authorized to speak publicly.)
Last year, he told Playboy that he contemplated suicide after the phone message was leaked to the press. "I spoke to a lot of professionals who helped me ... If I committed suicide [Basinger's side] would have considered that a victory. Destroying me was their avowed goal."​
But they never guessed you'd do it in front of your own daughter, did they? You showed those bastards. High five!

Lia

Banned
Whatever the situation, what an utterly dreadful thing to have done to, and in front of his daughter.... she may never emotionally recover from such a trauma.

His brother Stephen hasn't got both oars in the water either.

Last edited:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I think he is a good actor, not my favorite, but sadly he was always a full bubble off center....

The daughter is now having to deal with him now, hope she gets to be back with her mom full time until he is treated...

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I wish he'd succeeded.

Now thats just BS.....is this guy one of life's scums....no far from it.

Is actions were a call for help and man you think a joke about a wife beater is low...do you know how many people cry out for help and fail in the help side and lose their lives....you sicken me 100%

Yes he has acted in a way thats disgusting....but to wish him dead so he has no chance to correct his way is even more disgusting.

And remember all thats reported is just from the media....the true picture could be so so different.

Neg reps from me...and thats the first time.

Treefriend

Banned
Sorry, Lia, but there are a lot of people who want to live but

end up dying before their time to worry about someone who wants

to kill himself. I have no patience or sympathy with suicides. It is

always a selfish act and an act of violence against everyone around it,

and I will not expend any emotion or grief for

that sort of thing...I will save my empathy for people who actually want to be here.

The only good thing about him living is that maybe...probably not but maybe

his daughter can get some closure around the sick bastard and kick

his sorry ass out of her life by choice instead of him selfishly committing

violence against her through suicide.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish he'd succeeded.

I Actually feel sorry for you Treefriend . :sad:

I,ve lost some very close friends as well as some family members from taking this way out & they all succeeded . Each one was for a different reason that affected them deeply & They just couldn,t handle it .

Everyone close to a situation like this feels Guilty for not being more aware & seeing the sign,s .

Whatevers causing you to be so miserable , I truly hope things get better for you soon & I,m not trying to be sarcastic or demeaning to you . Allthough you do seem to bring it out the mean streaks in some of the nicest people here IMO . :smile:

Treefriend

Banned
If you feel guilty because someone you know killed themself then

you are making my point for me. That person committed a crime against you.

I know people who committed suicide by cop...and I know cops involved

in that sort of thing.

If you want to prevent suicide don't cry alligator tears every time someone offs themself

and then come here and tell us how they had untreated mental problems...instead, reverse

the Reagan assault on the mentally ill...or did you forget that Reagan cut all the funding for

treatment facilities and turned the mentally ill out on the streets...and support funding

for the places that offer the help you claim the suicides needed.

If you support cutting services then I guess you have a reason to feel guilty after all.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same

in that sort of thing.

If you want to prevent suicide don't cry alligator tears every time someone offs themself

and then come here and tell us how they had untreated mental problems...instead, reverse

the Reagan assault on the mentally ill...or did you forget that Reagan cut all the funding for

treatment facilities and turned the mentally ill out on the streets...and support funding

If you support cutting services then I guess you have a reason to feel guilty after all.

I would like to see this post removed before Monte sees it.....reported.

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
The only good thing about him living is that maybe...probably not but maybe

his daughter can get some closure around the sick bastard and kick

his sorry ass out of her life by choice instead of him selfishly committing

violence against her through suicide.

Would you count this as a victory? Getting him all healed up so she could stomp on him? Severing their relationship irreparably so that she could be vindicated?

I don't condone his acting out in front of his daughter one bit. And it is true that victims of suicide usually affect the ones that they leave behind far more than they realize.

But I believe that is rarely the motivation for their actions. It is usually an inability to cope with an emotional pain that is more than they can deal with
on their own, and a tragic end to a downward spiral.

Treefriend

Banned
Would you count this as a victory? Getting him all healed up so she could stomp on him? Severing their relationship irreparably so that she could be vindicated?

I don't condone his acting out in front of his daughter one bit. And it is true that victims of suicide usually affect the ones that they leave behind far more than they realize.

But I believe that is rarely the motivation for their actions. It is usually an inability to cope with an emotional pain that is more than they can deal with
on their own, and a tragic end to a downward spiral.

Do you think a person who commits suicide really wants to die or really

wants help?

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Do you think a person who commits suicide really wants to die or really

wants help?

I think that they need help and are so emotionally distraught that they can't think clearly enough to get it. And their pain causes them to believe that they have so little self worth that things would be better without them. So they make a drastic decision to try to get relief the best way that they can see how to.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
If I remember right it was YOU TF that made the big deal about polotics being put elsewhere then the place they are meant to be . But some how You fired the first shot in this thread ( The open forum ) . :glare:

I,m not feeling near as sorry as I was for you . You can have your opinions like anyone , But you sure suck at getting them across . I thought I was bad .

SShepherd

I got this on my reps from "tree smoker"

neg i may add...no point in worrying i have plenty to spare...

Explain the "hypocrisy" part...big word so explain why??

somehow in his mind he believes he's either a moderator or somehow intellectually superior to us, and feels the need to talk down to people.

I have a feeling he's gonna get some serious demerits

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
OK OK OK........

Its sad when I ask a thread to be closed. But this thread should be closed.
Treehumper.... youre a snapper-head on this one.

Treefriend

Banned
If I remember right it was YOU TF that made the big deal about polotics being put elsewhere then the place they are meant to be . But some how You fired the first shot in this thread ( The open forum ) . :glare:

I,m not feeling near as sorry as I was for you . You can have your opinions like anyone , But you sure suck at getting them across . I thought I was bad .

Well then you tell me, what is your solution?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

in that sort of thing.

It's not surprising that someone of your political leanings would take a blatantly selfish act by a mega hollywood supper star (who has everything going for him) and some how twist it into an attack on Reagan's domestic policies over 5 presidential terms ago? :pat:

Not a very well thougth out post.
:rolleyes:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I would like to see this post removed before Monte sees it.....reported.

Unfortunately, while tasteless and potentially hurtful it doesn't violate our rules. However, other moderators may over rule me on this.

You may still take away rep points or find other ways to let him know that their words weren't appreciated.

Please don't let members like this get under your skin. That's what they want.

Treefriend

Banned
Heh. Well I guess you weren't in Salem Oregon when all the institutions were closed thanks to Reagan.

Mentally ill people were turned out on the streets to wander around. Sometimes

it seemed they out numbered the healthy people. If you had been there you would not

be so quick and willing to forget whose policies caused it. Those

services were never restored. So now we have a consensus

that suicidal people are people who need help and we

have testimony that it is help the people close to them

can't provide. So what's your solution?

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy TreeFriend,
well, it finally happened and against all odds. I agree with your comments. Have a goodun!!!!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Huh?

Galvanized posted a private comment on the public forum, that's all I wassaying.

Like I said in a different thread somewhere , Do you even read what you post !!!! , Yer scattered all over so hard for me to keep up . You posted Spam in a introduction thread just recentlly of some one thats been here far before either one of Us . WTF was that all about . :whistling:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Heh. Well I guess you weren't in Salem Oregon when all the institutions were closed thanks to Reagan.

Mentally ill people were turned out on the streets to wander around. Sometimes

it seemed they out numbered the healthy people. If you had been there you would not

be so quick and willing to forget whose policies caused it. Those

services were never restored. So now we have a consensus

that suicidal people are people who need help and we

have testimony that it is help the people close to them

can't provide. So what's your solution?

This is completely unrelated to this thread. Feel free to spawn a new thread elsewhere. Alec Baldwin would never be in a government run institution - he is a liberal elitist - he will get special treatment.

Treefriend

Banned
This is completely unrelated to this thread. Feel free to spawn a new thread elsewhere. Alec Baldwin would never be in a government run institution - he is a liberal elitist - he will get special treatment.

Does him getting special treatment bother you or are you for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.