• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What did you do on Saturday since FF was down?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you have fun or get some work done that had been put off ....or what?

BoneheadNW

Let's see, I had to work part of a shift, mowed the lawn, played with the kids, had a nice dinner with the wife.....I'd say not too shabby. Server problems?
Bone

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Took the kids fishing at a local hatchery's kids fishing day (guaranteed fish!) in the morning and then it was soccer all afternoon.

I wasn't going to be around on FF anyways so I didn't notice the outage! ;)

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I smoked a couple of spatchcocked chickens, made a batch of tater salad, some baked beans and went out to pickup some local sweet corn. I then got a starter going for some sourdough bread for Sunday. Made a nice dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday and the kids came over to chow down (surprise, surprise). After dinner we watched the Ohio State game and fell asleep during it. Right now I have the sourdough bread on its second proof, and it should be ready for the oven in a couple of hours.

Oh, I also had the 9-12 march on Washington on most of the day. Nice to see so many right wing racist terrorists voicing their displeasure with how our gubment is trying to stick it where the sun don't shine. Methinks this is just the start of the movement to take our gubment back from the lefties.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Painted the new bathroom I am building in the basement. It rained all day so I just worked at some things I have been putting off till bad weather.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Cooked a din din to post in the downed cooking forum -- did my laundry- and kept the music forum rockin' :smile:
Geez we had quite a crowd in there last night. haha

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was away from the computer all day anyways. Helped out at our garage sale for our local kinsmen club. We had the garage sale set up all summer in our hall and kept adding to it. We've done about one a month to try and raise money for the various charities we support. We did very well this summer raising close to $5000 through our various fundraising efforts. Once we were done with the garage sale, we had to clean up the hall and empty out all the garage sale items. That meant about 4 loads to the dump with the truck and a trailer. We kept the decent stuff to donate to the local salvation army but allot of the stuff was junk and would would never sell.

After supper, I had to go help my bro move a swimming pool from my sis-in law's house. We also had to load up a piano at her house and move it to mine 30 miles away. My bro inherited the pool and we got stuck with a (*&^(*& piano since they are moving.

So, in a nutshell, I never stopped till about 8 pm. Then I sat down to watch a Nascar race on tv.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to a gun raffle the firemen were having. It's $50 for a ticket with a limit of 5000 tickets.

They raffle off a gun every 5 minutes, for 7 hours. On some of the 5-minute intervals, they give away an ATV or UTV or larger cash prizes instead. The grand prize is $25,000.

All the food and beer you want is included. Lot's of 50-50 raffles, side raffles... as well.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I finished stripping the rubber roof off my 5th wheel; the front 7' ripped and flapped about 200 miles from the end of a 4400 mile trip south. Hopefully today will get the new EPDM liner down, and start putting everything back on.

And, unlike gator boy, I noticed FF was down :D

Did you have fun or get some work done that had been put off ....or what?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh! I forgot to mention, I got to hear Doc's voice lol
Since I was the one to call him around 11ish last night and say what the heck??

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems like no one was actually aware of how bad the problem was.

I mean, I saw where it was mentioned on NTT that he'd been contacted, so I went with that and spent most of the day on the music forum (where my happy negligent moderating ass should have been anyway)
When 10p rolled around and 2 of the major forums were still dead, I knew he couldn't have possibly had any idea what was going on.

Anyway, glad they're all up and running.:biggrin:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I went into full Panic.... seems I lost my remote for the TV

I talked to the gal that lives here... you know, Misses What's Her Name....

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Went into panic mode as I didn't know what had happened. In the evening played Shisen on the computer. Yesterday still no FF went to cart bales of hay and then spent the rest of the evening working my old tractor which was running the wrapper. Wrapped lots of bales, came home, had a whisky and went to bed. Glad FF is running today, I felt completely lost without my friends on FF, what happened anyway?

Gatorboy

Went into panic mode as I didn't know what had happened. ... Glad FF is running today, I felt completely lost without my friends on FF, what happened anyway?
Facebook was up. If you guys used it, you would have all been connected with each other.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Really didn't know when it went down but was at the cabin. I did work on the beach, trimmed trees, watched babes in boats go by, mowed lawn, transplanted raspberries, did I say I watched babes go by in boats, threw down some grass seed where we left the tent up too long, worked on the trailer house, cleaned up the deck some, did I say I watched babes go by in boats? It wasn't hard work but it was work that I really enjoyed. Didn't even watch football on Sunday. This coming weekend all of the kids are coming up. So it should be great, been a long time since the whole family has been home at the same time.

murph