• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fridge water pump

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
OK... Being NOT hooked to water for sometime and the lever continuously getting bumped to ON.. I think the water pump or what ever it is is shot that sends the water to the ice maker. I finally got the water hooked back to it today to figure this out. I can't say I am surprised unfortunately. Are these fairly cheap to get and replace? It does not LOOK difficult where it is on the fridge..... It's and Estate that I believe was made by Whirlpool. We have had it since we bought it new in January of 2001 when we bought our house. Yeah.. I hooked the water back up for the sake of the icemaker... sick of buying frozen water to put in it....:sad:

Bamby

The tubes on mine have froze up that feeds the tray a few times. When its frozen on mine you can hear the it open the timer valve and cycle. Might check may be worth a shot.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I could hear it cycle before and it has not made a sound since I hooked it up....

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
run it through one of your cycles, see if you get voltage at the valve. If not then it is in the timer. If you do then pull the line off the valve and then see if you get water during a cycle. If not then replace the valve. If you do then then you may have something froze in the line. When checking for water with the line open you will get some water but if you have a bad valve be prepared to have other means to shut it off. Some bad valves will open but not close unless there is some pressure on them.

murph

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
OK. It MIGHT actually be working. I will try and check tomorrow and see what is in the box. Truth be told, I lean towards the timer being the issue. Don't have time to worry right now. My Steelers are hammering the Chargers at the moment...:clap:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
OK. It MIGHT actually be working. I will try and check tomorrow and see what is in the box. Truth be told, I lean towards the timer being the issue. Don't have time to worry right now. My Steelers are hammering the Chargers at the moment...:clap:

3rd quarter, Steelers had possession of the ball all but 17 seconds. They just scored again and it now should be a cakewalk for them to finish the Chargers off. :clap:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Just as an update btw... Ice maker is running fine. I have a tub FULL of ice. Seems to take longer than I remember to cycle, but maybe I am just impatient.:unsure: All I know is that I have ice that I am not paying for!:clap:

at least not directly

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
OK. It MIGHT actually be working. I will try and check tomorrow and see what is in the box. Truth be told, I lean towards the timer being the issue. Don't have time to worry right now. My Steelers are hammering the Chargers at the moment...:clap: (1/11/09)

Just as an update btw... Ice maker is running fine. I have a tub FULL of ice. Seems to take longer than I remember to cycle, but maybe I am just impatient.:unsure: All I know is that I have ice that I am not paying for!:clap:

at least not directly (1/20/09)

Sure took a long time for that tray to fill up. Personally I think 9 days is a bit excessive. You might think about buyin the wife a new fridge....:yum:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Target sells a countertop ice machine that works pretty quickly for about $140.