• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Spring Ahead ... turn your clocks forward tonight

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a friendly reminder, today those of us in the USA will be "losing" 1 hour as we turn our clocks forward 1 hour tonight.

Also, there are other things we should do in the spring :whistling:

Attachments

• 14717164_10212617320050918_81050160587942516_n.jpg
    14717164_10212617320050918_81050160587942516_n.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 39

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Not me not here in Arizona, (except for some people on Indian Reservations). We don't use it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate DST. Well actually I hate the change of time.

First, my body works on it's own clock and even though I don't wear a watch, I'm pretty accurate at guessing what time it is. Except during the change.

But I'm also comfortable with modernity. I have some technology in my life. Digital clocks that each seem to require their own unique programing.
every car clock is differ't.

But my most annoying clock change is on a 55 year old Grandfather clock that has a special mechanism. When you correct it forward it speeds up to compensate. After a few days of correction, it is going the correct speed to keep good time. Works backwards as well.

But making a full one hour change put's it in schizophrenic mode and requires weeks of daily adjusting. Sucks because that is often the subconscious chiming that keeps my biological clock accurate. And it conflicts with the solar timing inputs.

I cannot imagine what the change does to animals.:whistling:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I hate DST. Well actually I hate the change of time.

First, my body works on it's own clock and even though I don't wear a watch, I'm pretty accurate at guessing what time it is. Except during the change.

But I'm also comfortable with modernity. I have some technology in my life. Digital clocks that each seem to require their own unique programing.
every car clock is differ't.

But my most annoying clock change is on a 55 year old Grandfather clock that has a special mechanism. When you correct it forward it speeds up to compensate. After a few days of correction, it is going the correct speed to keep good time. Works backwards as well.

But making a full one hour change put's it in schizophrenic mode and requires weeks of daily adjusting. Sucks because that is often the subconscious chiming that keeps my biological clock accurate. And it conflicts with the solar timing inputs.

I cannot imagine what the change does to animals.:whistling:

I'm with you Franc. I hate this time change crap. Here in Michigan they are trying once again to stop the madness, but there are some that don't want to change. The article also states that 23 other states are trying to do the same thing.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...rd-time-michigan-nebraska-colorado-/98860344/

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Honestly I don't understand why we don't split the difference and move forward 30 minutes tonight. Then NEVER change again. We would not have to spring forward every spring or fall back every fall.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Radical idea Bob. I like it. :clap: :clap:

I sure do enjoy the extended daylight during the summer months so if given the choice I'd opt for DLT all the time. Spring forward and never change back.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
At least one gov. agency just sprung ahead on a random date last week.
The National Weather Service has been an hour ahead since Weds.
I called my local office and they don't know why and it's nationwide.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
At least one gov. agency just sprung ahead on a random date last week.
The National Weather Service has been an hour ahead since Weds.
I called my local office and they don't know why and it's nationwide.

The Same Gibmit wants to run our health care. :whistling:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning came way too early :doh: but I did make 8am mass :wink:

Attachments

• 17021847_10212536559673207_934745043660373707_n.jpg
    17021847_10212536559673207_934745043660373707_n.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 16

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I could have easily made a 6am mass today. Even with the time change I was up at 4:30am in pain. Ugh. Left leg feels like someone is peeling the skin off a strip at a time. Been like that for a few days.