• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1972 Muskeg

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I made another great deal with Brad at MN-outdoors.com :clap:

I love the body style of this machine and I'm also fond of the 318 engine. With the gas engine and air tires and lack of attachments, it's psi is only slightly higher than a Skidozer So it should be a Muskeg that is also a 'snowcat' :w00t2:

It's name is Murry: a combination of Muskeg, Really Runs and oily.

Attachments

• MurryRbefore909W.jpg
    MurryRbefore909W.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 882
  • MurryRafter909W.jpg
    MurryRafter909W.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 925
  • MurryBRsideW.jpg
    MurryBRsideW.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 892

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
With the logging trailer.

Attachments

• MurryandTR909W.jpg
    MurryandTR909W.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 880
  • Murryinterior909W.jpg
    Murryinterior909W.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 866

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
nice job, Pixie, never thought that I would like the tan inside but it does look nice. Bryan said he likes the smile, is that the same one the electric company put on there from North Dakota that had it on rental?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm not that cheap :brows:

.... I used a new piece of tape :yum:

But basically the same smile. :)

Thanks, Brad ! The tan is a nice change.

I can't wait for snow to see how it goes :w00t2:

J5 Bombardier

Great looking paint job Pixie ! Your not waiting for snow are you ? Post some pics of your trailer, if you get the chance. :biggrin:
Nice job! J5 Bombardier

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great looking finished product. Bombardier should have hired you to be their "Exterior Decorator", they would have sold more machines!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I know where there is one like that my question on the later models did they put the engine between the driver and passenger as i remember and it was a while ago the one i looked at had a 3-53 detroit in it sitting between the driver and passenger with a rounded cab like that one got me wanting to go lok again

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the compliments, everyone.
There still isn't enough snow to comment on floatation but it seems to be going good.

Don, mine is a Muskeg Tractor. When the engine is in the front, it's called a Muskeg Carrier. I don't think that they originally came with that cab as a 'Carrier'. There just isn't room.

Here is a picture of a similar vintage Carrier.

Attachments

• PIXmuskerCand601W.jpg
    PIXmuskerCand601W.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 660

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the compliments, everyone.
There still isn't enough snow to comment on floatation but it seems to be going good.

Don, mine is a Muskeg Tractor. When the engine is in the front, it's called a Muskeg Carrier. I don't think that they originally came with that cab as a 'Carrier'. There just isn't room.

Here is a picture of a similar vintage Carrier.
that green thing looks like it thanks it was about 8 years ago i gave it a once oer while exploring mining trails around nome on quads with my daughter all i rememdered was the detroit diesel and the fact it had a fire under the dash that had melted aluminum in the dash and damaged the raidator lately i have been thinging if trying to get salvage rights.