• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do you know this machine?

TurboTouring

Attachments

• 4921279024.jpg
    4921279024.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 4938325662.jpg
    4938325662.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 4966175447.jpg
    4966175447.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 4980942257.jpg
    4980942257.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 284

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Do you no this machine?

Not sure what it is. Looks pretty well used. 20,000 Pris seems alot for the condition. Bet it does pretty good though in all terrains.

mtmogs

I would have to think it is an early Hagglunds bandvagn given the articulated steering. You can see that the "trailer" or rear carrier is an integral part of the machine. You can see there is a driveshaft connecting it to the front carrier Volvo power unit that powers the rear set of tracks. Also the cables you can see in the photos provide the articulation that steers the unit as a whole.

The more modern hagglunds, eg. BV-206 have a very similar articulated steering system, the main difference being that the steering unit uses hydraulic cylinders to force articulation of the two carrier sections as opposed to cables. Maybe someone more knowledgable can tell you for sure what it is, but my money is on Hagglunds. Looks like a neat piece of snowcat history to me.

Cheers - Paul

SweGus

I know! :)

That is a snowcat built in Sweden by a company called SMV. SMV is short for Sandbergs Mekaniska Verkstad which translates to something like "Sandbergs engineering workshop" (for all you non-swedes: Sandberg is a name :) ).

The machine is called "Myran" which is swedish for "the Ant". It was developed in the 50's for lighter transports in the forestry industry. It was also one of the machines that the army had a closer look at when they were developing their own over-snow vehicle. The army contract went to Volvo BM which started production of the BV 202. As most of you know the BV 202 later evolved into the Hägglunds BV 206.