• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

br 100 steering problem

Don McHattie

I have a chance to purchase a 1986 bombardier br100 with 500 hours on the meter. Some times the steering locks up so the machine will only go forward. How can I solve this problem?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a chance to purchase a 1986 bombardier br100 with 500 hours on the meter. Some times the steering locks up so the machine will only go forward. How can I solve this problem?

You must be talking about a hydro machine? BR160?
The BR100 machines are 4 speed manual transmission the forward reverse is in the transmission not the steering

Pictures of machine?
Explanation ?

Don McHattie

This is a BR100.

Sometimes it will not turn left or right but continues to go straight.

Someone told me the problem had to do with the "third member ?"

How can I fix this problem???

Do not have pictures.

Thanks in advance.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Could be the planetaries in the differential the only way to really figure it out is pull the differential under the hood and fuel tank, the bands are most likely needing refreshning also I have most all the repair parts for the differential if you tear Into it the internal pinion are timed so pay attention to the key ways

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Could be the planetaries in the differential the only way to really figure it out is pull the differential under the hood and fuel tank, the bands are most likely needing refreshning also I have most all the repair parts for the differential if you tear Into it the internal pinion are timed so pay attention to the key ways

Brad I might add water in the differential will also cause that as would the wrong oil.