• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A little Christmas fun!

wpelk

After many repairs this year, we were able to get out and have some fun with our first good snow.

Attachments

• IMG_3662.jpg
    IMG_3662.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_3664.jpg
    IMG_3664.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3618.jpg
    IMG_3618.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 244

wpelk

Thank you.. We are in East Central Nevada. The international hauler is very cool. Both were used to service sites for the local TV district.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes indeed the transporter is very cool, is that a front drive axle?

Hopefully a 345 or 392 ci engine.

those big block V-8 gassers are some real torque monsters...

The tucker really fills up the bed so to say.

Mike

wpelk

Yes, She runs good thanks to all the helpful people on this forum. The truck is a real go getter. Front drive axle and chains for all six wheels.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like six hole Budd wheels. Is it a Rockwell front axle? and does it have a Rockwell 223 clover leaf looking transfer case? I have come up with some mods to the transfer case that makes them live. The original design is flawed. That is what is in this truck and the infamous Sno-Cat getter.

Attachments

• DSCN2172.jpg
    DSCN2172.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 204

Manistee

sno-drifter, what is wrong with the 223? Have never heard they had any problems. I have one in my old Dodge W500 Power Wagon.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
They had ball bearings on the input shaft and the rear one which has the most load on it is smaller than the front. I put taper roller Timken's on both ends. Timken has a series I think it is the 30000 Iso bearings which are direct replacement for ball bearings so the ID and OD are the same but the width is a bit fatter. Also the rear bearing for the idler shaft is too small. Bore out the housing and use a bigger one. That bearing does not get adequate lubrication so I make a tin that collects and lubes it. I put hundreds of thousand miles on it modified behind a Cat diesel With a 20K GVW.

Manistee

Very interesting information and a nice looking old Ford. My W500 is my baby and sees very little driving, hoping to get some work done on it so it will be ready for it's 50th birthday in 2016. Wpelk's International is something else as well, I assume it is a rollback? Here is a couple pics of my toy, might draft if for use in moving my DMC 1450 sometime, but it will probably not get driven on salted roads again.

Attachments

• 01793.jpg
    01793.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 02270.jpg
    02270.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 159

Manistee

It is a '66 with the Spicer FDS750 front axle and Rockwell H131 rear, powered by a poly 318 with a 4 spd transmission that has dual PTO ports. I believe it was in '74 they replaced these with the W600 which still had the Rockwell rear, but replaced the front with a beefed Dana 70. The W300 series trucks had the Dana 70 axles front and rear. I also have a '72 W200 with a Dana 70 front and a 60 rear from the factory, that is powered by an LA 318 driven through a NP 435 to a divorced NP 205. The W500 has less than 25,000 original miles and the W200 has less than 19,000.

Attachments

• 00710.jpg
    00710.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 154