• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cats Meow Jamboree, April, 2015

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hey hey big al, fyi, fishing is real good and with a tucker you should catch your more fish than you will know what to do with, maybe a fish fry at the jamboree.

Attachments

• tkr080.jpg
    tkr080.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 498

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
"Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, I'm excited !!! Dad and I are going to the Cats Meow Jamboree, dads got the Jeep load and the Tucker is on the trailer and we are ready to go, the mountain is going to crawling with cool cats !" Scott Russell

Attachments

• tkr075.jpg
    tkr075.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 448

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Timberline lodge is going to offer a package for this event . . .

Are they planning on something all inclusive for the dates of the Jamboree? Just rooms or rooms and meal vouchers (if buffet style for our group)?

What are the regular room rates there? Lot's of questions, but I'm searching to see if I can make this work. But it's like looking for hen's teeth without actually trying to book a room (which won't work until August 1st)!

Thanks!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
timberline will have a number of different packages available, should have a date soon to start signing up, let me know if i can do anything to make it work for you.

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
We will be operating under the permit for the ski area operator RLK and Co. So no ATV permit will be required. However the Cat's Meow Jamboree will be during the season requiring a Snow Park permit. They will be available at Timberline Lodge if you do not have one. I believe that there is reciprocity between other states. Look it up.

Good stuff thanks I was wondering about that

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
He'll be able to do a daily commute from his house in his Snowtrac!

I'm guessing there is still a glitch in their system since the only options are for the Gov. Camp Condos?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
He'll be able to do a daily commute from his house in his Snowtrac!

I'm guessing there is still a glitch in their system since the only options are for the Gov. Camp Condos?

yup, we found this glitch also and have informed timber of the issued, it will be fixed asap jinn and scott

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kind of 'spendy'!. Got my reservation, but it cost right at twice as much as an efficiency apartment with a kitchen, a fireplace, Washer & Dryer, at Whistler village, and that had a porch with a view of the slopes!
Hmmmmm,....

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
maybe someone should post the cost . This would be helpful for us and the lodge.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe it's one of those deals like we get at Boeing or for BP: " Special for you today,... 200% of what any other jocker off the street would have to pay", Used to get that working for the government too once in awhile.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got this from a member after reservations were made.
having seconds thoughts myself. could be one less snow trac on that hill.

" All this was the hotel, and it's about 250$ a night!"

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I got this from a member after reservations were made.
having seconds thoughts myself. could be one less snow trac on that hill.

" All this was the hotel, and it's about 250$ a night!"

Maybe that price includes food, fuel and booze!!!!!!! In that case not too bad of a price otherwise a basic room on the mountain at $250.00 will limit participants.

Room rates for groups in the Big Horn Mountains of WY at most of the resorts will drop from about $129.00ish a night to $75.00 a night for a larger group discount. Looks like you are headed in at a slower time of the year so I think a discount would be in order. I will stay home at my mountain home and enjoy a non expensive week of sun and snow without the crowds and cook my own filet.

For anyone interested the newly opened and completely remodeled Meadowlark Lake Resort opened July 4th of this after a long closure. The new owners did a great job on the restaurant/lodge area remodel. If you are headed to the Big Horns for snowmobiling or snow catting this gives you more choice with many added room accommodations on the mountain. I ate the highest price meal on the menu last Sunday at $36.00 and it was excellent. I was a bit concerned about it when I ordered it but I may go back this weekend and order the same meal if available. I never complain about the price of a good meal but if you pay for crap food that is another story. :biggrin:

cloudcap

GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't made reservations yet, but $250/night doesn't sound out of line for Timberline Lodge. It has been a few years since we stayed there, but my recollection is that we paid $200+ for a room. It is a pretty cool old building and I imagine the costs of running it are fairly high. Still, if you're not willing/able to plunk down the cash then I'd hope that you could stay down the hill in Government Camp or Sandy and just come up for the day -- this sounds like an event you wouldn't want to miss.

Ron

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hello to all, the thinking was, to have a on mountain experience at a understanding quality resort, a once in a lifetime moment, I am sorry that we were not able to this at a lower cost, remember you will be able to walk out of the lodge and jump right in your machine and enjoy a fabulous day on mt hood, please keep in mind, Timberline Lodge and Mt Hood is a special place and the people at Timberline have gone out of their way to make this available to us, and the rates are what they are, sorry, this is the best that could be done, even with the personal relationship with the operator of Timberline Lodge. I do hope this helps to explain the situation and for that do attend, it will be a memory for a lifetime. hope to see you all there even if you come just for the day. thank you jinn and scott

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'M DONE! Winning and complaining! I for one want to thank Scott & Jinn for all their efforts for setting this up. Thisk about it,.. this is a once in a lifetime "Gig". You get to take your snow cat on to an actual ski area, a famous one at that, at a famous mountain, one of the highest in North America. This is as the kids would say:"WAY COOL!
I took my old red 63 ST4 to: Crater Lake, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Saint Helens, and Yellowstone Park, an if I still had it I would certainly be taking it here. As it is I no longer own an ST4, so I'm either going to rope a friend who has one into going and if needs be haul it there for him, or bring the Tucker 544. I might even try to stuff 2 ST4's on to this custom Tucker Snow cat trailer just to see if it can be done!

tr4.JPG

Snowcat Pat

Yes, its spendy.
But it's Timberline, beyond awesome.
Every time I see that hill the air leaves my lungs momentarily.
We'll be snowboarding and skiing too, more $ for that.
May never happen again.
We will be there even if we have to camp in the parking lot,
as we have done many times for summer skiing.
Only regret will be not bringing a snowcat....no truck to haul one with.
But we've got our climbing skins.
And maybe someday well get permission to set the worlds record longest portable rope tow there.
-Pat

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
thank you for the support, and for those not bringing a cat, i will have several that i am willing let others use and enjoy. please contact me via pm and we will make it happen.
regards jinn

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
yes there is, and if needed i will find the name and number for you, also, several budget priced motels within 50 miles of timberline and you could do motor home in the lower parking lot.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry that I have not posted. Last night we had lightening all night and it started at least 4 fires. One was on our place. Jinn came out as we were going to work on Tuckers and she and I put on our hardhats and Nomex. I got hounded for hauling the freighter behind the orange suburban, check out hauling the 450 JD. for fire work.

Yes, Timberline is spendy, but a bargain for the experience. In 60+ years, I have never seen the opportunity for people to run their snow cats on the upper mountain and it may not happen again. We will be looking at this Jamboree as our vacation for the year and bite the bullet.

I look forward to seeing all of you next April,

Scott

Attachments

• DSCN2171.jpg
    DSCN2171.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 299

jask

Redrum!
I am looking forward to seeing any and all at Timberline!! I do not normally stay at Hotels that cost this much, but I also do not normally get to stay at a National historic landmark where i can bring and drive a snow machine and get to hang out with people who share this obsession ;) I seriously doubt there would be any opportunities available in the future to enjoy such an extraordinairy and historic location- the history of the Timberline is rich and famous and will be a story to share even if you stay off the mountain please try to put this on your bucket list... get a photo with some great machines and have a great time with people who your wife thinks are as crazy as you ;)
And if anyone want to see room 217... I have the key and will provide the axe for photos. ;)
Thank you Jinn and Scott, I look forward to this like a kid to Christmas.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry that I have not posted. Last night we had lightening all night and it started at least 4 fires. One was on our place. Jinn came out as we were going to work on Tuckers and she and I put on our hardhats and Nomex. I got hounded for hauling the freighter behind the orange suburban, check out hauling the 450 JD. for fire work.

Yes, Timberline is spendy, but a bargain for the experience. In 60+ years, I have never seen the opportunity for people to run their snow cats on the upper mountain and it may not happen again. We will be looking at this Jamboree as our vacation for the year and bite the bullet.

I look forward to seeing all of you next April,

Scott
scott
looks like you got the recommended 10% tongue weight.

hope you won on the fire. things are really dry.
I get the latest on this site.
Northwest Interagency
Coordination Center
http://www.nwccweb.us/information/firemap.aspx
jim

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Gonna have give this some serious thought about staying there . If we make it over I might just make it a day trip . Menu is nice but a little classy for my likes .I can see some serious money being spent . Wife wants Europe for two months next year which would be when this is happening .

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hummm choices choices choices, europe vs snow cat adventure ( lots of fishing ) ah, remember europe will always be there.