• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Request for information, Thiokol 4T10

bronco bruce

I've located a Thiokol 1962 4T10 snow cat and I'm looking for information on parts availability, price range for a machine in fair condition and the reliability of this particular model.

Thank you,
Bruce

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Bruce, welcome to the ForumsForums.

I'm not one of the Thiokol guys here, but we have a few who seem to know those machines inside and out and have plenty of technical data stored away in their minds. I'm sure you'll get some information from them when they are on-line.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Bruce,
Post pictures and provide better condition and operating report with more specifics to what you know about this machine. If it's is a "dead dog" its worth only its parting out components value. If it is a total rebuild with all equipment and operating condition excellent, you have a completely different animal.
:weneedpic
What is fair condition????? Each person sees fair in a different light......depending on what you expect of the equipment......

bronco bruce

Thank you for your reply. I'm new to the forum and have lots to learn.

I have a picture of the machine, however I'm not able to attach it in this format. Do you have a regular email address I could send it to? The machine is operational and the owner has a record of all the maintenance done. It's been recently painted outside and the tires have been foamed. The interior is rough and some electrical work needs to be done. The owner has a maintenance manual and said that parts are hard to find and that maintenance is expensive. It's a 10 passenger snow cat with a ford 6 cylinder engine and transmission that were rebuilt several years ago. The snow cat has been used on a regular basis the past 3 years.

My intent is to use the machine for transportation to my cabin 3-5 times a winter. A round trip would be approx. 50 miles. I'm trying to establish a price range for the machine and talk to someone who has had experience with this model of Thiokol. I did see an email regarding this model on the forum where someone mentioned they were talked out of buying one because of the lack of parts for this model.

Thanks again for your response.

Bruce

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bruce, you can email the photo to any of the moderators, we can reformat it for you and post it for you or send it back to you so you can post it.

The moderators can be reached by clicking on their name and choosing the send email or send PM option.

In addition to myself, the moderators are:
- Junkman
- bczoom
- PBinWA
- BigDog
- BoneheadNW

The Administrator here at the ForumsForums can also help you
- Doc