• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

So everyone is on the beach and a cloud rolls in...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And it doesn't look like many people seemed to care.

Personally, I'd be hauling ass out of there if I saw something like this coming.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_doIsFnqeg"]YouTube- ‪A Sunny Beach Day Gets Ruined by a Major Storm in Finland‬‎[/ame]

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Folks don't respect mother nature like they should. I would have bailed instead of filming it.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
As fast as that front was rolling in I aint sure if it would to to much good to run from it . But i,d be the kind of dumbass to sit there & film it too :w00t2: . Perty cool looking . :biggrin:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
How'd ya like to be in the middle of Lake Michigan 30 miles from any shore, NOAA broadcasting clear and sunny / partly cloudy weather for the next couple of days, and then see something like that rolling in over the horizon?

That happened to me in my previous boat. Not fun at the time, but a great story later!

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I was camping by New Castle, Pa in August one year when a squall like that formed up and rolled over the top of the campground.
it was gorgeous.
most of the rain missed the ground it was blowing so hard.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
How'd ya like to be in the middle of Lake Michigan 30 miles from any shore, NOAA broadcasting clear and sunny / partly cloudy weather for the next couple of days, and then see something like that rolling in over the horizon?

That happened to me in my previous boat. Not fun at the time, but a great story later!
Happened to me and the wife on Lake Erie...8' swells in a 15' Lyman. Never been so scared in my life.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fred - Is that why you now have Plain Vanilla? So you can outrun storms (and speeding bullets)?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
No, now that I have PV, I'd head straight into that mess. It's a wave crusher. I haven't been in 8s, but been in 6 footers, and loved every minute of it.

My previous boat was a 42 Carver Aft Cabin. Very nice condo on the water, but it couldn't get out of its own way. If it had a couple of 500hp Cats in it, then it would have been a dream boat.