• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gov. Christie Slams Education Org: "Devoid Of A Publicly Supportable Agenda"

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I don't know if this guy is electable in a national race, but I will grant him one bit of credit, he stands up for what he believes. He says what he believes, he doesn't hide his true agenda with flowery rhetoric, he just says it and stands by it. That I admire.

LINK TO VIDEO => http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._devoid_of_a_publicly_supportable_agenda.html

Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ) slams that New Jersey Education Association (NJEA), an NJ education organization that prayed for him to die.

"The public is tired, tired of ever escalating property taxes. They are tired of people not willing to join in the shared sacrifice. And let me tell you something else. These guys and women standing behind me who are working to try to get jobs and who pay for a large portion of their own health care and who contribute mightily towards their retirement, -- I'm not speaking for them, but I have a sense that-- they are tired of paying for public employees who've contributed nothing to their health care and who are getting 4 and 5-percent salary increases in a time of 0% inflation," Christie said.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Gov. Christie Slams Education Org: "Devoid Of A Publicly Supportable Agenda"

He speaks of how it is in the real world. The government mass will drown us all with exorbitant costs. The real kicker is the future retirement costs they have been sliding in on us. Taxes will get so crazy it will lead to revolt. NY is right on the same path. Look at what happened in Greece for a picture of our future.:hammer::hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Gov. Christie Slams Education Org: "Devoid Of A Publicly Supportable Agenda"

Ya know, as time goes on there seem to be more and more Republicans coming out of the woodwork who could be GREAT in running for THE ticket in '12.
I like this guy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ksLlAi3iIc"]YouTube- Governor Christie: Not About Teachers[/ame]

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

Here's an example out of Canada of typical union tactics against politicians they don't like:

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/ca...eachers+over+Harris+degree/3129533/story.html

Union may bar student teachers over Harris's degree

Philip Ling, Canwest News Service · Wednesday, Jun. 9, 2010
The Ontario Teachers' Federation says it objects "in the strongest possible terms" to Nipissing University's plan to confer an honorary degree on former Ontario premier Mike Harris -- going so far as to suggest its members will not place the university's student teachers if the ceremony goes ahead.
In a May 12 letter to Nipissing's board of governors, association president Reno Melatti called Mr. Harris's degree--planned for Friday --a "misguided plan of action."
"We find it incongruous that a university that prides itself on being a school for future teachers and for aboriginal students would deem it appropriate to confer any honour on an individual who decimated the funding of K-12 and post-secondary education in Ontario," said Mr. Melatti, who wrote the letter on behalf of Ontario's 155,000 public school teachers.
"Given the insidious treatment of the profession by former premier Mike Harris, and his total lack of respect for its members, we cannot predict how teachers may demonstrate their displeasure should the university ... confer an honorary degree on [him]," the letter reads.
He said some teachers have indicated that they may "reconsider" accepting student teachers from the university for their mandatory placements in schools.
"We encourage the profession by encouraging teachers to do whatever we can to assist [the students] in their program. But at the same time, we can't compel them to do that," Mr. Melatti said.
The federation has not taken a position on the matter, he said, but its executive will meet in late June to determine if a recommendation against placing Nipissing students will be necessary.
The university, located in Mr. Harris's hometown of North Bay, announced in May that the former premier will receive the honour because he "was supportive to the process that saw Nipissing University receive its charter as an independent degree-granting institution in 1992."

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/ca...arris+degree/3129533/story.html#ixzz0qSIHySh2
The National Post is now on Facebook. Join our fan community today.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter

Now aren't they a bunch of whiny little shits. Waaa, waa, waa. We'll punish the teachers if we don't get our way. And these are the people responsible for educating our children? No wonder we have such a large welfare state. Kids are taught that all you need to do is sit at home, cry racism or discrimination or "it makes me uncomfortable," and you'll get your way because some other spineless person will support your agenda.

Fire the whole bunch of them, and tell them to grow a backbone. Whining and crying does not become them. It's no wonder private and parochial education is growing, with these amateur extortionists in charge.