• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dash Labels Tucker

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking for ideas and sources for adding some labels to my dash. With the texture of the dash I don’t think a decal or sticker will work.

The choke and throttle set the theme. Want something period correct and true to Tucker style.

Ignition On/Off
Start
Oil
Lights Front
Lights Rear
Heater Off High Low
Defroster Off High Low
Wipers High Low

Attachments

• D853FAED-FF2E-4401-810E-3DC3AF057191.jpg
    D853FAED-FF2E-4401-810E-3DC3AF057191.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 235
  • 4AF6B75A-D6B5-4FEA-A43E-D81FDC7E5B7B.jpg
    4AF6B75A-D6B5-4FEA-A43E-D81FDC7E5B7B.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 229

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Looking for ideas and sources for adding some labels to my dash. With the texture of the dash I don’t think a decal or sticker will work.

The choke and throttle set the theme. Want something period correct and true to Tucker style.

Ignition On/Off
Start
Oil
Lights Front
Lights Rear
Heater Off High Low
Defroster Off High Low
Wipers High Low

Turbinator 62 mentioned he got some labels from a company in Colorado that specializes in labels for aircraft instrument panels. If he doesn't respond to this thread, you might reach out to him.

But, it looks like the black panel is finished with a black wrinkle finish, so I'm not sure how adhesive labels will work with a non-flat surface.

You could also Google "aviation panel labels" and see what's out there. There are also "placards" which would have lettering on a hard surface that would then be stuck onto your black panel.

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
In regards to the lettering for a dash, I used AeroGraphics in Loveland Co. Ph 1-800-336-9633 http://www.aerographics.com/

I use them for aircraft stuff and the snowcat. However, I don't think they would work on the textured surface of your dash.

You might try someone who does silk screening. They can do that on all kinds of rough surfaces.

The other option is engraved labels that could be stuck on with double sided tape. I have an old New Hermes engraving machine that does a good job of that.

If you talk to me real sweet I could maybe make them for you, but I can only do block letters in all caps. I don't know what Tucker style is.

Attachments

• DSCF2968.jpg
    DSCF2968.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCF0958.jpg
    DSCF0958.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 181
Last edited: