• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Second Amendment Activism at Denny’s in Wisconsin

Bamby

This is a great suggestion that allows us to vote with our feet daily with our pocketbook........ Even if you don't feel the need or want to be bothered by carrying yourself it's important to preserve your right and others to do so, so it may still be legal and possible to do so should you feel the need.......

U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- A correspondent I have known since his childhood spends a large part of his time overseas as a missionary.

Coming back to Wisconsin, he was surprised to find a “No Firearms Allowed” sign at a Denny's. I believe this is a local policy, decided by each local manager of the franchise. My correspondent gave me permission to edit the account of his reaction. His overseas experience has made him appreciate the freedoms Americans take for granted. His account:

Returning to America after having been gone half a year, lends itself to re-entry culture shock. I recently returned to the USA. I am extremely politically active as well as up to speed on currant issues. I was still shocked by the the anti freedom advances the leftists have made in rural America.

Driving north into Wisconsin on the Interstate, I decided to pull into a Denny's for one of their breakfast specials. I was shocked to see a “No Firearms” sign!

I was traveling with my father, who said: ” Well, I guess we better find another place to eat, one that loves freedom”.

I replied “Yes, but I won't just walk away in silent defeat”.

We went in; a friendly waitress asked if only the two of us would be dinning. ” No”, I replied, “neither of us would be staying.”

I asked if the manager was available. I was informed the manager was not there. When that happens I ask the employee to deliver a message to the manager. The waitress assured me she would. I asked her to let the manager know they had lost two customers because they did not embrace our God given rights, protected by American Constitutions' Second Amendment. I told her they had made themselves a soft target for the next would be mass murderer.

Criminals typically (and wisely so) do not target establishments where they know they may be stopped by a good guy with a gun. By denying me the right to protect myself and family in their establishment, we become a vulnerable target. I will not put myself or loved ones in such a position of helplessness.

I realized I was talking to one of many uninformed Americans. This waitress responded with a “deer in the headlights” look. She replied, “I'm sorry you feel this way”. I again asked her to share this with her boss. She assured me she would.

I was polite, I did not yell or raise my voice. I simply explained reality. We drove to the next exit and stopped at a restaurant that did not discriminate against armed Americans. My father and I had a good meal. As I paid the bill, the waitress said, ” I've never seen you here before, what brought you in?” I happily replied, “Liberty, the fact that you do not have a statement against freedom on your door. You are not anti-gun.”

She looked at me and said: “No, if someone wants to carry a firearm, good for them. We need people to show support for our rights.”
Restaurants often operate on slim profit margins. It doesn't take many aggrieved customers to affect the bottom line. The general consensus used to be, commercial establishments were best served by avoiding political fights.

I find many travelers appreciate the United States more, after they have visited other countries. The United States is unique in many respects. One of the most obvious is the right to keep and bear arms. Switzerland used to be close; the European Union has used economic pressure to push Switzerland to impose more restrictive gun laws.

We at Ammoland would like to know if others have learned to appreciate the Bill of Rights in their travels to other countries.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree 100%. Traveling to other countries sure made me appreciate the good ole USA more. I found I missed a lot of little things that I had taken for granted before joining the Navy and seeing a good bit of the world.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Put me on the grateful to be here list.

I was born and raised in another country and I've traveled all over this sorry assed world. Once when I was coming back from a really bad 5-week trip to Nigeria the Customs Officer in Dallas called me over. He asked me where I was coming from and I told him. He asked me if I had anything to declare. I said, "I declare that I'm so darned glad to be back in this country that I could kiss you". He laughed and said that there was no need for that and sent me on my way.

As a matter of principle I don't frequent places that want to restrict my right to carry a firearm. I will however still use places that only display a 30.07 sign. I never open carry in public.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Put me on the grateful to be here list.

We’re glad you’re here too!

As a matter of principle I don't frequent places that want to restrict my right to carry a firearm. I will however still use places that only display a 30.07 sign. I never open carry in public.

Same here. :thumb: