• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

20 second phone charge???

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Tech manufacturers that boast how fast their devices can juice up might want to listen up: A California teen has developed a super-capacitor that could lead to a 20- to 30-second phone charge.

link

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very interesting. Upon first read I thought the phone companies were going to start charging us in 20 second increments, instead of one minute. :eek:

The article set me straight. Brilliant teen. We need more like her. :clap: :clap: :clap:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Very interesting. Upon first read I thought the phone companies were going to start charging us in 20 second increments, instead of one minute. :eek:
IMHO, the fact that the cell providers have stuck together on the 60 second minimum billing is an indication of price fixing. Nobody had broken ranks amid intense competition and that just doesn't happen normally.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
It already is check a lot of new flashlights 511 lifelight ect Public service models so far.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Te hell with cell phones. if this technology could be adapted to Automoobiles, the electric car might just well become viable.

200 mile range with a 5 minute refuel cycle is and acceptable product with a 2 million mile storage cell life span. Best we can do now is 100,000 miles with a recharge every 50 to 100 miles. Maaaaaaaaaybe.

Or,,,,it could be cold fusion all over again.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Remember charging up a distributor condenser and setting it on a counter for one of your buddies to pick up?

This one could be a killer.