Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Off Topic Forums > Junkman's Corner

Old 05-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Thanked 8,974 Times in 3,635 Posts
Melensdad has a spectacular aura aboutMelensdad has a spectacular aura about
Cool Mosque owner buys land next to pig farmer, farmer now has weekly pig races

60 Mosques in Houston isn't enough so a small group decided to buy 11 acres and build a mosque/community center. That is perfectly fine with me. But what they really want is to push an established farmer off his own land, that is just plain wrong.

The proposed mosque will go up next to an existing hog farm and are telling the farmer he has to sell his family land? The farmer, a Mr Baker responded by holding pig races. You go Mr. Baker! Watch the video, I like how the crew starts laughing when Shepard Smith announced the pig races.

Now I will state this again, I have no problem with them building their place of worship in accordance with whatever zoning/building codes exist, its just the gall of them to ask someone else to move simply to accommodate their wishes. That is rude and wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/dUr1NxJDC94?rel=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dUr1NxJDC94

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand
Old 05-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member

mak2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Mosque owner buys land next to pig farmer, farmer now has weekly pig races

So the Moslem guy buys the land next door, and the pig farmer was offended.......and what was it about the 1.2 million dollars? Faux News. Geeze.

Jindal is right.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer

jpr62902 will become famous soon enoughjpr62902 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Mosque owner buys land next to pig farmer, farmer now has weekly pig races

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
So the Moslem guy buys the land next door, and the pig farmer was offended.......and what was it about the 1.2 million dollars? Faux News. Geeze.
You left out the part where the mosque builder told the pig farmer (who was already there with his pigs when the muslims bought the property) to move or get rid of the pigs.

-- Sam
Old 05-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Wait for it.

Cowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Hard to tell if you are being serious or not Mak . You wouldn't be pissed if any one bought the land next to you and asked that you either sell or at least get rid of the thing that makes your living ?

I wouldn't care if it was a catholic church and they offered me 10 million bucks to move , I aint about to change my ways or sell just because THEY think its a good idea .
Old 05-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Thanked 8,974 Times in 3,635 Posts
Melensdad has a spectacular aura aboutMelensdad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
Hard to tell if you are being serious or not Mak . You wouldn't be pissed if any one bought the land next to you and asked that you either sell or at least get rid of the thing that makes your living ?

I wouldn't care if it was a catholic church and they offered me 10 million bucks to move , I aint about to change my ways or sell just because THEY think its a good idea .
EXACTLY

Its fine they move in next door.

What is total crap is that after they buy they tell the existing farmer to leave.

But to answer Mak's question, the pig farmer offered to buy the land from the mosque for $1.2 Million. Seems to me that is more than fair. Given that the Mosque owner actually knew the pig farmer was there before buying the land to build the mosque, it seems to me the mosque owner is the one being a total douchebag.

As for Mak's comment about the reporting, he clearly is so biased against the source that he can't even get the facts straight. Had he actually listened to the report he'd have understood all that was now retyped for his behalf.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand
Old 05-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Like a bad penny...

Dargo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm confused. Are you talking about Fox News? The #1 Rated news outlet for about the last 10 years. I do watch it at times, but at airports my only choice is CNN. I suppose you call it Communist News Network? Gees! Talk about biased and prejudice!! I thought you were against such things. Oh well, I also didn't think that you believe that everyone who doesn't agree with your religious beliefs are going to hell either.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Platinum Member

mak2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post

Without a doubt and you are exactly right. I would tell them to kiss my ass and beat it. Do you think it would be on a cable TV if I did? exactly my point.

Jindal is right.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Silver Member

Trakternut will become famous soon enough

Now, just what would happen if some of Mr. Baker's pigs "accidentally" got loose and ran around on the mosque property for a while?

Clearly, the ground would be unclean and the mosque owner would be forced to go elsewhere, taking care of the whole problem.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:11 PM
worn out farmer

muleman is just really nicemuleman is just really nicemuleman is just really nicemuleman is just really nice

You would think a couple good old boys could have a pig roast there this weekend. Just leave the trimmings after they are done for the coyotes of course. That pig fat hangs around for a long while.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Cold Member

Thanked 19,781 Times in 8,213 Posts
jim slagle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakternut View Post
Mr. Baker's pigs "accidentally" got loose and
Good chance that would happen anyway. hogs can tear up almost anything, little things like fences don't stop them only slows them down.

The United States Constitution 1787. All Rights Reserved

Sometimes I'm fast. Most of the time I'm half fast!

Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together!

Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate

FF REQUIRES NO PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM.
EVERYONE GETS ENOUGH EXERCISE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS, FLYING
OFF THE HANDLE, RUNNING DOWN THE MODERATORS, KNIFING FRIENDS IN THE
BACK, DODGING RESPONSIBILITY AND PUSHING THEIR LUCK.