• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

? about mouse

benspawpaw

i got one free today but the end that plugs in i think is for usb ? does it go in the front or back thansk for help

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
either will work - the "U" in USB stands for "Universal".
If you're just trying it out, plug it into the front so it'll be easier to remove later. If you think you'll bee keeping it, plug it into the back so it's not in the way.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
If it's USB it shouldn't matter; however, if you only have a couple in front save them for camera cables and things like that which you may not leave plugged in.

benspawpaw

thanks for the info. i did not say that i know nothing about computers cause i thought everyone would quess that anyway. ha ha ha ha ha :thumb:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Erik beat me to it! I should note too though, if you're real short on USB you should be able to find adaptors to go to the mouse port with it.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
no worries - we all had to feel like we were asking silly questions at one point or another about computers.
If you start getting more USB devices than ports on your computer (easy to do if it's more than 3 or 4 years old), then go to Target or Wal-Mart and pick up a thing called a "USB Hub" it's sort of like a power strip for USB devices.
It only takes up one slot, but you can plug 4 or more devices into it (depending on how much you want to spend). I've seen them as cheap as $10, but I bet if I made an effort to look, I could find one for less.