• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fogged up headlights tip

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
So my 338,000 daily driver has the lenses discoloring from time. I had considered buying a kit to re-polish the lenses, but they cost around 50 bucks for a good kit.

A local guy bought one and now offers to do the headlamps for 45 bucks.

But this car is not long for this world, so I was letting it slide.

The other day I read an article that included some money saving tips. In that article, it was suggested that regular toothpaste does the job nicely.

So, I took a tube of give-away toothpaste the dentist gives every visit, along with an old toothbrush and did my headlights and center markers. First brushed the lenses aggressively, then took a soft towel and buffed them further, then squirted water on them to get the toothpaste off. Took maybe 10 minutes to do the two headlights and the two center markers.

Works great - they look like new and didn't cost a dime to do!

Worked for me, but I'd suggest you do a small section first before you do your headlights.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the aviation industry uses a product called mirrorglaze. not as cheap as tooth paste it also works, as well as rubbing compound ,and abrasive type car polish the stuff used to remove oxidation from your paint you may have laying around.