• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Today the weather started cooling off, last week 100, this week started off in the 90's and will be in the high 70's at the end of the week with maybe some rain. The good weather is coming now, 60's and 70's until Christmas, take that ETF. :applause: That said I cleaned up the Dodge 4X4 for winter duty. Rain or snow on the mountain is bad news in the Nissan. The new engine in the Dodge has about 1200 miles on it now so tomorrow I will Change the oil and switch to synthetic. I had time so I cleaned up the Nissan as well. The mountain trips in the summer is very dusty and with the ash from the fires it was hard to tell what color it is. It will be snowing up there in about a month but first rain and mud. Im ready for some cooler weather.

Attachments

• IMG_1330.jpg
    IMG_1330.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 111

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to camp yesterday afternoon. Got a couple limits of birds with a buddy. Up bright (it was actually dark) and early and on the road by 6am. Home at 7 to shower and bring one of the kids for a dentist appointment at 8am. Taking 2 of the dogs to the groomers later then home for a nap.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Day two of the Covid-19 Quarantine with our grandson Jesse. Getting nowhere near him, his room, or his belongings. Cooked dinner, fed the animals and had a shower.

Jesse is better this morning. I noticed our new granddaughter is now staying with us. She is three and cute as a button but I wonder what kind of thinking was involved with my son leaving Mattie with us and a Covid-19 victim.
He and his girlfriend are going back to Connecticut to take care of some issues with her family and to close on his house. But it, and a Covid-19 patient, ruins our trip to the lake this weekend.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Speaking of covid (and who isn't these days).. I just got tested at noon for the 13th time.

The test kits are changing frequently as of late, they're less expensive too.
The one I used today was a small card that closes once you push the flocked swab inside.

I've not heard anything from Sharon so I assume I'm negative again.

There aren't many of us who have to test now with so many having been positive back in July and August.

They don't test again at all.

It's a beautiful day in the low 70s.
You know what that means.
Walks to the park have been gorgeous.
It's the damn crane flies that aren't.

They are everywhere! :hammer:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Went out this morning and the battery on the Nissan was down, not flat but down. I put the charger on it, yesterday I cleaned it up and had the doors open for about 4 hours, maybe that did it or its time for a new battery. Tomorrow will tell. Also worked on the mini mini van. Details in the tracked 4X4 section.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We had visitors last night. The hogs paid us another visit and tore up two separate places in the yard really badly. They were here about 10 days ago and that led to a bunch of holes to fill and a lot of lost sleep staying up nights. One of the spots they tore up last night was exactly the place they tore up last time they came and that I had already repaired.

It looks as if it is staying up late time again. I hate hogs partly because they are smarter than me. I've stayed up until 4 in the morning and they haven't showed up until I've gone to bed. I've got out of bed at 3 in the morning only to find that they have already been there. I can't trap them because they know what a trap is and they won't go in. They'll eat the bait all around it though. I've been spraying the yard for bugs, ants especially, every two or three weeks lately so the grubs should be taken care of too. I can't spray any more without turning the yard in to a toxic no-go zone.

Time to dig out the game cameras again, check the rifle and the varmit light and get set up for a long cool night.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We had visitors last night. The hogs paid us another visit and tore up two separate places in the yard really badly. They were here about 10 days ago and that led to a bunch of holes to fill and a lot of lost sleep staying up nights. One of the spots they tore up last night was exactly the place they tore up last time they came and that I had already repaired.

It looks as if it is staying up late time again. I hate hogs partly because they are smarter than me. I've stayed up until 4 in the morning and they haven't showed up until I've gone to bed. I've got out of bed at 3 in the morning only to find that they have already been there. I can't trap them because they know what a trap is and they won't go in. They'll eat the bait all around it though. I've been spraying the yard for bugs, ants especially, every two or three weeks lately so the grubs should be taken care of too. I can't spray any more without turning the yard in to a toxic no-go zone.

Time to dig out the game cameras again, check the rifle and the varmit light and get set up for a long cool night.

I live in a subdivision. Well domesticated from the wild beasts of the world. As I listen to your tales about hogs, I feel a bit silly with my own annoyance of squirrels.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lol. We don't have hogs but the black bears have been around. We also have deer rabbits and a skunk that has made the woods between our place and the neighbors his home.

I had no plans for today. The war department got wind of that and put me to work building a small shelf for her home office set up in our bedroom while she works from home. So I headed out to home depot to pick up wood. 2 hrs later I had it built. I stained it and now it's drying.
ffb9391d9a0e5ff54f2ef32409d409f6.jpg

I talk to myself to get an expert opinion.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Now that the good weather showed up I spent a whole day outside, worked on the mini mini van. Details in the tracked 4X4 section.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been collecting rocks for years to build my water feature in the back yard. One block from my factory the Spectrum people laid a new line alongside the highway. They left a lot of limestone chunks in the resulting ditch. Some of them are fairly large.

After a summer of picking up smaller ( say 10 to 25 Lbs each) I set my eyes on two large one that will complete my waterfall "cliff." I have been eyeing them all summer hoping to get them home. About 6" and 12" thick at 4 feet X 3 feet they are pretty heavy. More than I can lift alone.

It took two corn fed hefty boys and me to pick them up and place in my little trailer. Once there I can back it up to the site and slide them off into place myself. But no way I could get them out of that ditch alone.

I need one more to get the entire cliff effect I want. The ditch has no more that will work, so I may have to actually buy that last one from World Outdoor landscape supply. They have tons of the exact same limestone in their yard sold by the pound. And can place a large one (about 250 lbs) on the little trailer.

With all of that done, I might be able to finish my water feature this fall.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I live in a subdivision. Well domesticated from the wild beasts of the world. As I listen to your tales about hogs, I feel a bit silly with my own annoyance of squirrels.

Don't worry about it Franc. We have squirrels too. They're the reason I barely got a nibble off my fruit trees for 20 years. For a few years I massacred the summabitches but it didn't make much difference. The ultimate humiliation was when they were throwing pine cones down on me when I was working in the yard. A 20-gauge resolved that particular problem.

Well, got everything checked out and set up for hog observation tonight. Both my game cameras are kaput, one certainly is and is already in the trash, we'll know about the other one tomorrow morning. I need to go online and get some more.

Late afternoon I got around to looking at the sprayer I broke a couple of days back. It wasn't as bad as I first thought. I got enough pieces out of my bits and pieces bin to cobble it back together. It looks good. We'll know for certain this week-end when I put it to work.

It's going to be a long night.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Stayed up way too late trying to get the hang of the new software on netcookingtalk.
I think I'm going to like it Doc, tho at first I was like what is THIS?!?? :th_lmao:

It's been nice having all these days off, I must admit.
Back to work this weekend.
We never did get to go to the pumpkin farm.
Next week we are going, there and to Fallen Timbers to start my Christmas shopping.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Packing up for the final "official" camp weekend of the season. I wasn't planning on closing up for a couple weeks but the only thing I'd be going out for is more bird hunting during the week and I can do that from home. So it's that sad depressing time of the year when I drain and winterize the water system, pack up the remaining food, tarp the kitchen, and pull in the slides. That's Monday's task.

I finally got around to working on the old Polaris 700 quad this morning. Filled the tires, charged the battery, topped the antifreeze, and got it running after a shot of seafoam in the tank. Then took it for a spin to get the seafoam circulating through the lines and carbs.

Headed to camp when the kiddies get home. We're doing a huge potluck Thanksgiving turkey dinner tomorrow night. Since we have a full sized oven, we were voluntold that we are doing one of 2 turkeys. Our friends have an older propane/wood burning oven in their outdoor kitchen and will do the other one.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Finished the track installation on the mini mini van, did some testing now started cleaning it up. Details in the tracked 4X4 section

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I managed to stay up last night waiting for the hogs but couldn't make it much past 02:30. That's okay, they don't usually come on two consecutive nights anyway. I'll have a better chance tonight but probably have to wait until the week-end. I got a good nap this afternoon so hopefully I'll be able to stay awake longer tonight.

I went into town around noon and did some running around. I got my flu shot but can't get my second pneumonia shot until after November 1st. Ah well.

I went hunting around for a new game camera but couldn't find one. I guess they are still at Walmart but the two that I just junked came from there and they weren't 3-years old and lightly used. I'll have to get on the internet and see what I can find that's half decent but I don't need to be paying $300-$400 for one.

Wish me luck for tonight.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Just returned from the auto parts store, 3 oil filters, synthetic oil and 3 spark plugs $198.00 and the oil was on sale WTF. Now I'm going to eat lunch and start the oil changes . Nissan pickup, Dodge 4X4 and mini mini van plus spark plugs:clap:.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I was wrong. I cannot slip those rocks off my trailer.

Two weeks ago I picked them up by the end and flipped both of them over. Today I could not lift it at all. Either one of them.

Lucky for me I have a neighbor who lifts concrete sacks all day for a living. He promised to help me tomorrow and even offered to bring Yuengling beer.

What a guy!!!!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
3 oil changes and pulled a plug on the mini mini van, it looked new so I put it back in and placed the new ones in the glove box.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, my neighbor Kyle put one hand on the rocks and lifted them up so I could roll them into place. Amazing.

So now I have only one more set of big rocks to set. I really need to get my hands on a case of Yuengling Beer for him. They don't sell it in Missouri

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Busy packing up camp today. All the food and drinks for a family of 8 comes home. I have 2 golf carts loaded up. The outdoor furniture is put away. The kitchen is tarped. Propane tanks disconnected and loaded.

I went hunting with my oldest son for a couple hours while she who must be obeyed packed up the groceries. We all headed home an hour drive away and unloaded the first load. I drove back out to finish draining the systems and finish up a few things.

In the morning I finish winterizing and bring in the slides. Lots of great memories this season.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Feeling like I've been hit by a truck.
:yum:
Back to back 12 hour shifts is proving to be killer.
Last night, several of my sweet little darlings were off the wall.
Patience is a virtue, right?? Lol

I'm off for a couple of days now.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I remember that feeling after a week of hell shifts when I worked with the mentally and physically challenged in care homes. We always dreaded working nights on a full moon. Lmao. Some crazy stuff happened there.

Up and at er at 6am (damn internal alarm clock). My last official night at camp. Everything outside is done and tarped. Water system is winterized. Food and essentials are packed. Camper is cleaned. Just need to pull in the slides and remove the battery. It's a sad time of year but we did have a great summer despite covid.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yes, the full moon thing for sure!
Or.. simply saying a few hours into a shift "wow, they're all behaved and happy today, aren't they"...
...followed by a chorus of coworkers saying WOULD YOU SHUT UP!
Jinx!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Before I retired I was field service engineer. On average I drove 200 to 300 miles a day, so I can confirm from that perspective, a full brings out the "best" in drivers.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not much today. With the cold damp weather, my back and legs were in full protest. I did make it to the garage for 5 minutes before the rain hit. Otherwise I've been working on my "groove" in my chair most of the day.

I did swap out guitars earlier (I have 8). I like to change out the one sitting beside the chair for fresh new sound every now and then. I did some neck and bridge adjustments to one to improve the string action and changed the batteries in the built-in pick-ups on two others that I need for this weekend as I'm starting back at the church for the winter. We have a new sound system at the church which requires me to be able to plug in my guitar for the livestream sound. We'll also all have ear pieces to be able to hear each other over the system as we play. Should be interesting.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't do much today. I did some running around town and had lunch, Wings and a beer, at Cowburners on my own. My wife is having trouble with an infected tooth and can't eat solids. She's on drugs to get the infection under control. The dentist can't do much until that happens.

Oh, I did get my piggly wiggly problem taken care of. At 02:30 on Tuesday morning after 5 long nights and many hours of lost sleep, she and I were in the same place at the same time. Lots of strange things about it. It was a lone sow which you don't usually see. You sometimes see a lone boar but the sows usually stick together in bunches or small groups. She was huge and fat, in the 250# to 300# range. She had the feral hog coloring but not the usual feral hog body shape. She looked like a lop eared domesticated pig. All I had at that time was a 12 gauge shotgun and I didn't want to lose her while going for a rifle so I took the shot. I got her broadside at about 25 yards with "00" buck. I may have rocked her world but I didn't rock her much. She squeeled, did a 360 and took off never to be seen again. I don't know what effect buckshot will have on something that fat but I couldn't find her next morning. I doubt that I'll ever see her again but at least I can get back to sleeping nights.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm thankful for having my long stretch of days off.
I'm supposed to be off until next Tuesday, but always get texted daily thereafter with - please can you pick up some hours?
No.
I'm practicing for retirement. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.