• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got to take care of yourself :clap:

Last night I made a fab dinner for myself.
Watched some movies and stayed home, inside.
Today is pretty much the same thing.

Melen made us Chicken Masala, side of fresh made garlic flatbread, plus some zucchini.

We watched the WWI movie 1917, which won all sorts of awards. It was cinematically pretty amazing to watch but I actually didn't thing the movie was all that great.

Bannedjoe

An access panel in the pickup bed right above the pump would have been a God send. Thanks for nothing Ford.

No shit!
I just did some work on my 86 f250 regarding the fuel tanks, hoses etc.
Much easier to just pull the bed off, rather than drop the tanks.
But you still have to crawl underneath to loosen the bed bolts, and wiring.

But I've reached the point with age, a hip replacement, and a knee replacement, that I just don't have what it takes to be crawling around under cars anymore.
I can get down on the ground, but I feel like a turtle on its back when it's time to get up, and things ache for days afterwards.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just did an hour workout then cleaned up some dishes in the kitchen. This afternoon I plan on going to the garage to work on my son's car for a bit.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Got to take care of yourself :clap:

Melen made us Chicken Masala, side of fresh made garlic flatbread, plus some zucchini.

We watched the WWI movie 1917, which won all sorts of awards. It was cinematically pretty amazing to watch but I actually didn't thing the movie was all that great.

Yes indeedy!

Melen's dinner sounds superb.

It was Doris Day films for me lol
Glass Bottom Boat and Send Me No Flowers.
Hilarious, and they never get old.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I finally have accumulated the materials for installing the Oak step covers and white kickplates for the loft stairs. Stained and poly urethaned the oak treads. Cut all the little pieces of pint to attach everything with glue and a finish nail gun.
That leaves a small amount of trim pieces around the skylights and the loft is finally done.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today it's back to work on the 12.

Last night I enjoyed face time with Ty, his lady love and the kids, while they sat around a fire on the pond.
Sure can't wait until I can see them all again.
For hugs and kisses.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm gonna try Sam's Club this morning. Just as soon as the CSR get in to work so I can leave the office. We don't really need anything but the company storage closet has room for TP and paper towels.

I'll I also like the Eye of Rounds likely find some prime cuts of beef for burger grinding as well.

Last night was "Blue Bloods on the telly. So I did not finish the steps. Although she won't let me have a mustache, the wife has a thing for Tom Selleck. Me, I'm a Clint Eastwood kind a guy.
Besides, I'm more into Bridget Moynihan.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Day 14 of House Arrest

Today is supposed to be sunny and in the 50's so outside working it will be.

It will feel good to be outside puttering.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
No TP,or roll paper towels at SAM"S Club. But they did have sani-wipes.
They also had food service poly bags which we will soon need with our increase in orders.

The store has been packed all week with lines in the parking lot, but only 10 customers in the store at a time. I guess they relaxed that rule this morning because there were a lot of folks shopping.
Except for TP and towels, the shelves were fairly full.

Eye of Round, USDA Choice was $4.49 a lb. Chicken breasts were $1.99 a lb. Chuck was $4.44 per Lb.

Mixing Chuck with the some butt ends of the Round gives a fairly lean mix. I cut the center of the round into small 4 oz steaks. I'll be grinding both into burger tonight. I cut each chicken breast into three parts. Then bag and freeze.

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday I mowed, today I spray … if the wind doesn't blow too hard. It's supposed to get on up there. We'll see.

I've also got to make a run in to town sometime to get rid of aluminum cans at the recycling trailer. I don't know if that will be today though.

By the way TR, it's supposed to be in the low 80s here today. The last three days have been outstanding. I can handle this isolation.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yesterday I mowed, today I spray … if the wind doesn't blow too hard. It's supposed to get on up there. We'll see.

I've also got to make a run in to town sometime to get rid of aluminum cans at the recycling trailer. I don't know if that will be today though.

By the way TR, it's supposed to be in the low 80s here today. The last three days have been outstanding. I can handle this isolation.

:th_lmao: Not sure we could handle that right now. The wife and I went for a 2.5 mile walk around noon time. Temp in the mid 50's and we were sweating bullets by the time we got back. LOL

Funny you mention handling the isolation well, that was one of our topics of conversation while walking.

Things are getting bad in NYC and tons of them are heading here to their summer homes. Gotta stay away from those blokes, I can tell you that. :th_lmao:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
-1 celcius here. I haven't done a single thing today. Actually, I stand corrected. I got dressed. I did look outside a couple times if that counts. Just finding it harder to get motivated. Since all this coronavirus bs started I can no longer go to physio, chiropractor, or the gym. And I'm feeling it. All the progress I've made over the past 5 years is going out the window because some Chinese people thought that eating bats was a good idea.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Clothes dryer started squealing like crazy this afternoon. Drive you crazy.

Took the back off for a look see. The most likely culprit I could think of is one of the two idler wheels that support the drum is dry. Grabbed my spray can of silicon spray and with the straw on it was able to squirt plenty of lube on each wheel..

Just like that, quiet as a church mouse again.

Kind of had the same situation a while ago with the bearing on the auger of the pellet stove. Odd because the auger only turns 4 RPM, not exactly rough on a bearing, but it was dry and making a little noise when feeding pellets. Again, silicon spray to the rescue. Good stuff to keep on hand.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, this is certainly going to be the strangest birthday ever!
Can't go anywhere, can't do much but social media and do things around here.
My friend Jules did pop in this morning to drop off a few gifts.
She knows my style.

20200327_091722-768x768.jpg

20200327_091754-768x768.jpg
I'll have cake another day.
:smile:
Early morning calls from the kids and wee ones.
Sweet.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know what I'm going to do today.

The weather is still warm but totally overcast and it's supposed to start raining this afternoon as a cooler front moves through so no spraying.

I have to make a run to town but that can be done any time, I might even wait until next week.

I have to find something to do!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know what I'm going to do today.

The weather is still warm but totally overcast and it's supposed to start raining this afternoon as a cooler front moves through so no spraying.

I have to make a run to town but that can be done any time, I might even wait until next week.

I have to find something to do!

When in doubt...........Take a nap. :th_lmao:

Well, as it turns out I did not fix the squealing problem with our clothes dryer. I thought sure it was the idler wheels that support the drum, but not the case. A little internet searching turns up this is a known issue with Whirlpool dryers and the culprit is the belt tension pulley wheel. I had given that a squirt of lube as well while I was in there, but it only lasted a day before the noise came back. No bearing, just a cheap ass bushing and they wear out and start squealing with this finger nail on a chalk board noise. Drive you nuts and pisses off the dog to no end. LOL.

So, good old Ebay had a replacement wheel and bushing for 6 bucks. Supposed to be in on Tuesday. I can live with that. I told mother, hell we ain't going anywhere how in hell can we dirty clothes?

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent a little time sweating in the garden trying to rake out some of the weeds. Made a dent in it. I have several raised beds, each surrounded by gravel paths that go between the beds. It's going to take a few days to get this done, especially with my arthritis. Worked until my wrists started hurting. Going to head back down the hill and work a bit more before the rain shows up. Supposed to rain all weekend so its now or never! I just want to get the long dead grasses & weeds raked out so they are ready for the tiller when they dry out.

Happy birthday Lollie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT HE SAID :clap:

:happybday3:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, the wind was gusting to 25mph so spraying was out of the question.

I decided to go down to the barn and grease all the tractors and mowers before I put them to hard use. The little tractor had a flat. Spent forever getting that fixed. The big tractor tires were low so I blew them up. With one thing and another that took all afternoon. That's two days in a row that one of my 15 minute jobs has taken all day to do.

Do any of you have the same problem where 10 minutes of work takes the whole day to achieve?

Soon I'll actually get to get some work done around here.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yawn. Morning everyone. Day ??? Of house arrest for us. I have a few things to do around here to keep me busy.

I woke up to a lovely accuweather alert for tonight. Up to 15 cm of heavy wet snow and rain is expected.

I'm parolling myself for a couple hours this evening to go play guitar for the livestream church service.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Working today 12 hours 10a-10p.
Same tomorrow, only 2p-2a.

It rained pretty heavy overnight.
I heard some thunder, but was out like a light almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.
More rain today. Blah.

Bamby

-1 celcius here. I haven't done a single thing today. Actually, I stand corrected. I got dressed. I did look outside a couple times if that counts. Just finding it harder to get motivated. Since all this coronavirus bs started I can no longer go to physio, chiropractor, or the gym. And I'm feeling it. All the progress I've made over the past 5 years is going out the window because some Chinese people thought that eating bats was a good idea.

You know I'd bet that eating bats wasn't their real choice, it was likely their only choice at the time.

As far as missing the gym you've got a huge one surrounding your place. Pick up a push mower for some of the yard. Fire up the chain saw and cut some wood. The gather the splitting maul and a couple wedges and split and stack some wood against next winter. Splitting wood is wonderful exercise that works out the whole upper body.

I actually used to like to take some of my life's frustrations out to the woodpile and sort them out. It made for some good therapy for me.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yep. Problem is that we're in between seasons right now. Still 2 feet of snow but getting milder and very wet and sloppy. Only so much yard work to do. My son's car is at a standstill as I await some special tools I ordered that I can't find locally as the places that would carry them are presently closed due to the virus. It's too mild and wet now to ride the snowmobile but still too much snow to ride the quads. That also makes getting firewood a real chore.

Bamby

Yea back in the days when we could cut almost anywhere here close to home I used to like to wonder and cut and gather some wood a for a few hours. I'd drag it in all summer long and it all added up to a pretty big pile. And like I said I kinda liked my wood burner..

Then a citified dude purchased a key piece of property and changed the tune of the entire neighborhood. He would rather watch downed trees rot than allow anyone to make use of the wood. He wouldn't allow anyone to hunt and even went as far as to put people on property lines not so much as to shoot the deer for themselves it was to turn the deer back onto his property where nobody could shoot them.

This went on for awhile and before you knew it all the property owners retracted their permissions to utilize their property for any reason even walking. Yep everyone protecting their deer herd from being pushed off where they could be bagged.

Now I can no longer cut wood or even stroll off my few acres for a walk. I am just grateful that natural gas was extended back here some time ago. At 60 a month on budget it just wouldn't pay to load up the truck and drive down the road to who knows where to cut wood. By the time the truck, saws gas and oil are paid for I might have the 60 in the wood without hot water.......

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You know I'd bet that eating bats wasn't their real choice, it was likely their only choice at the time.

As far as missing the gym you've got a huge one surrounding your place. Pick up a push mower for some of the yard. Fire up the chain saw and cut some wood. The gather the splitting maul and a couple wedges and split and stack some wood against next winter. Splitting wood is wonderful exercise that works out the whole upper body.

I actually used to like to take some of my life's frustrations out to the woodpile and sort them out. It made for some good therapy for me.
"Go outside and do some work" he says.

I just tried that. Slipped on ice and landed on my a$$ hurting my hands and wrists.

I had the side by side parked up by the house with a cover on it. It was surrounded by 2 feet of snow all around. After digging it out and getting the cover off, I started walking down the driveway to the garage to get the battery charger. It's about an 8 ft drop over 40 feet. Of course all day yesterday water was running down the driveway and overnight it froze to a clear later of ice over the gravel. Yes, that hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.