• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

lyndons tuckers

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was asked to help move two tuckers 480 miles. so Friday we took off with my truck on my trailer and Lyndon towed it. this is at sno trans in idaho
DSC00005.jpg

loaded for the 9hrs of towing. Mary and Lyndon in picture.
DSC00051.jpg

vintage tire gave out. I was behind and seen the rubber fly . We had good radios so it never went flat.
DSC00069.jpg

front tire was the one.
DSC00070.jpg

Looks like the cat was running. I suggested turning the stack covers .
DSC00061.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

got home afterdark
while loading prior to leaving mary surprised us with coffee and breakfast sandwiches. a treat for me pretty gals usually shy away from me.
Lyndon and mary
DSC00053.jpg

Last edited:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What model is the flat nosed Tucker? Only saw one in pictures once. Pretty cool too I think... Cann't be many like it around.

Yup a whole lot-o-fun!!

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
don't know the model but was told only two were made with 4 doors on the wide cab.
engine hood slides out like a drawer from the front. a few NOS parts in a box inside. track is so new that the track .adjusters never have been moved out. Inside is almost no wear. not much to restore on this one.
Lyndon had a big grin and said "it steers like a dream" while moving it sunday in his yard.
the other one is excellent to . It has the long 28" wide pontoons and should climb good.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it would be a 800 series so maybe 844 ?

In the picture is a two door 800 series with a 400 series in the back

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 561

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that looks larger. it isn't over width.
Lyndon has old computer at home and can't get on line but he said he thinks it is a 544.

Last edited:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it is a 544A. I wood cut some sacrificial 1/4 plywood down on the ramps to make it less slippery and to save the grousers. Good job with the Tuckers Lyndon.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
yea,the pass we go over is bad for chips .it is usually ok in the summer.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you can squeeze two in it but I intend to do up a passenger cabin to add to the rear this summer, if I ever stop fixing some of the rebuild screw ups on it, I'm starting to think the same person overhauled this one that did your track master. I have to ad mit the engine runs like a top.

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Jim that picture at the rest area must be the one just east of La Grande, must be the Sno-Trans picture opportunity area I got pics of the one I bought from Bill there too

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
after getting back to lyndons home. he pulled the white sticker off the door. Under it the was FAA . Instead of removing FAA official use it was just taped over.
with those wide long tracks he shouldn't have much trouble getting to the top.
jim
DSC00044.jpg

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I Can't find a single detail out of place. This looks much like it could be an actual photo of my machine when it was new. Yes I do see something different, the Exhaust?
001.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

007 - Copy.JPG

008 - Copy.JPG

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
image.jpg
I think it would be a 800 series so maybe 844 ?

In the picture is a two door 800 series with a 400 series in the back

I was at a snowmobile show in Puyallup Washington, I was showing a Snow Trac, a J5, and a Bombi. At the meet I met a Salesman from Tucker who said he had been with the company 30 or 40 years. I believe he was their head salesman. Anyway he gave me the run down on the big 800 machines in Boogie's picture: " They were big enough to put a 443 in the back one, and had 6 Inch rollers, instead of the little 2 3/4 inch " Well here's the proof of that! Thanks Boogie! This machine is much bigger than my machine. I wonder how you would haul one of these 800's? How wide were they? How many did they make? The one in the picture is a 'Pre-Adjuster' (track tensioners) model which puts it before a certain date. Anyone know where one is?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
didn't you tell me about a ski place that had one for a warming hut ?

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
didn't you tell me about a ski place that had one for a warming hut ?

Yes, but I was keeping that "Under my hat"! It was the Head Salesman that told me about it. I believe he told me most of them went to the South Pole for some expedetion.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I Can't find a single detail out of place. This looks much like it could be an actual photo of my machine when it was new. Yes I do see something different, the Exhaust?

And I do believe it is your machine.

It sure is close. Thanks for posting the pictures. The one in those photos even has the same Dual split tank under the rear seat, and even though mine has different exhaust, it may be that machine. My guess is that the original Exhaust was too tall. It looks like the mufflers on mine have been changed out which would not be necessary with the incredably low mileage that is on it. But even with the muffler modifications mine is too tall to be stored, on the trailer, in a 9 foort bay.

Happy Fathers Day to all those fathers out there.

I better get back to work. I have an injector well that my guys are hooking up and I need to go witness some test and generate some documentation for it. People use Gasoline 24/7,.. and we pump oil 24/7!