• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rangel: Tea party same "white crackers" who opposed civil rights

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Rangel: Tea party same "white crackers" who opposed civil rights - CBS News

Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., compared the tea party to the segregationists who opposed civil rights for black people during an interview with the Daily Beast published Friday.
"It is the same group we faced in the south with those white crackers and the dogs and the police," he said. "They didn't care about how they looked. It was just fierce indifference to human life that caused America to say enough is enough."
Rangel a veteran Democratic House member with a penchant for colorful commentary, also sounded off on Republican opposition to immigration reform, blaming it on a sense of fear among some white people about America's increasing diversity.

"Every white son of a gun from Europe has found a way to get here, and these barriers I think have a lot to do with color and the awkwardness or the uncomfortableness that a lot of whites feel about people of color," he explained.
He said that Republican intractability on a multitude of issues had severely damaged American competitiveness. "What is happening is sabotage," he said. "Terrorists couldn't do a better job than the Republicans are doing."

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I Am done !!!
He calls us names and he is on the goverment tit .
I know a lot of folks are not going to like what i am about to say
My "black" Grandmother once told me there were Niggers in every race .I believe that is true . This is not a "word" I am proud of but Rangel is the perfect example of that term . I would personally pay his air fare to have his ass shipped back to Africa , but I doubt the Blacks over there would want him . A home grown POS !!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well if you combine the facts,,,,,,

First, they don't teach in our schools who the KKK was(democrats) or what US president fought for the civil rights movement in the fifties and who resisted it (democrats in Congress), and secondly, if the black community youth drop out of those schools anyways,,,,,then Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Charlie Rangle and any liberal pundit like Chris Mathews can make whatever claims they want.

Then ou understand why the masses will believe it, for they know no better.

Of course the TEA's actually represent the same core values as those 19th century Republicans who freed the slaves and attempted to protect their rights (particularly that of the vote and being armed) arm them in the post Civil war years.

The second amendment, the right to a valid voting process of equal value to all citizens, protection of our national sovereignty, and our rights as individuals to be free and safe in our persons and our property ,, all fundamental civil rights advocated by the TEA's

I cannot say the same for the current GOP or the Democrats.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Why isn't this crook charged with hate speech. Oh! I forgot. That only applies to whites. I am so tired of this shit. :furious::furious::furious:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Why isn't this crook charged with hate speech. Oh! I forgot. That only applies to whites. I am so tired of this shit. :furious::furious::furious:
I totally Agree :agree:
Obama led the way and Rangel and others are letting their true feelings show and the MSM does not mention it nor does his colleges in congress comment on it in any way. If a white congressman had said all the niggers who wear hoodies are white haters I do think they would drive him out of office. :angry: Why the double standard?

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
And this from a man who was charged with ethics violations for getting four adjoining rent-controlled apartments for
$30,000 less a year than the going rate; for using one of those apartments as a campaign office in violation of the controlling
ordinances; for using, for free, a $290 per month Congressional parking space as permanent storage for his Mercedes; for
accepting campaign contributions from companies doing business in front of his committee - the list goes on.

Would I be a racist if I mentioned the pot calling the kettle "black"? :whistling:

RedRocker

Remember just a few short years ago how the msm on a daily basis slammed Dubya EVERY DAY for EVERY THING he said or did? Gas prices, 9-11, Iraq, but Afghanistan was a good war, alleged drug use, firing people he had the authority to fire and on and on and on?
This ass hole we have in there now makes Dubya look like a Boy Scout & the msm is mute. The dumbmasses will only scream if the msm raises hell & their fecklessness is complicit in our commie SOB getting away with murder...literately. Four Americans dead & their response is to make up a lie about a video & the msm is nowhere to be found. Can you imagine the uproar had Bush done that? The roar would have been deafening. I blame those sorry son's of bitches for the mess we're in, if I were king I'd shut them down and look for real journalists that would do their jobs.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
The more I think about this, the more pissed off I become. I have not "joined" the Tea Party but their guiding principles echo
mine. Since I went to jail in 1964 for supporting a black classmate's right to enter a certain business, being labeled as
a "cracker who opposed civil rights" is infuriating, and totally untrue.

Rangel is an ass!

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Yum tea (hey it's black or green) & crackers sounds good. I like the Ritz crackers they are brown not white and good with peanut butter also brown. I am NOT a snack racist!:myopinion:

bilbo

I was reading an article on the Million Man March in this months issue of Smithsonian and it occurred to me...

Unlike my Grandfather, I cannot remember a time where the Black Man's Plight was NOT being preached upon high. Whether NAACP, Olympic Athletes, MLK, BET, Jessie Jackson, Al, etc, etc, etc..........

I nor my Father, Grandfathers, Great Grandfathers, or Great Great GrandFathers (yes, both of them were alive when I was born) owned another man.

I'm very glad that many black people have opportunities now that were not available 30 years ago and use them to become better Americans.

But the BLACK DOWNTRODDEN CRUTCH is tiresome and in need of immediate overhaul.. be civil or SHUT THE HELL UP when being punished.

Many do not know what their Fathers and Grandfathers fought for!

Post here if you remember a time when the Black Man's Plight was not in your face - my guess there will not be a single hand raised.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I was reading an article on the Million Man March in this months issue of Smithsonian and it occurred to me...

Unlike my Grandfather, I cannot remember a time where the Black Man's Plight was NOT being preached upon high. Whether NAACP, Olympic Athletes, MLK, BET, Jessie Jackson, Al, etc, etc, etc..........

I nor my Father, Grandfathers, Great Grandfathers, or Great Great GrandFathers (yes, both of them were alive when I was born) owned another man.

I'm very glad that many black people have opportunities now that were not available 30 years ago and use them to become better Americans.

But the BLACK DOWNTRODDEN CRUTCH is tiresome and in need of immediate overhaul.. be civil or SHUT THE HELL UP when being punished.

Post here if you remember a time when the Black Man's Plight was not in your face - my guess there will not be a single hand raised.

Perhaps it was because of my age, but I can't remember this really starting until around 1954-55. But I was very young then and simply may not have noticed this part of the "big people's" world.:unsure:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I agree..

The blacks I have called a friend, don't seem to notice their skin color at all. Funny I don't think many folks who know them really notice either. They are just who they are, and they don't make any bones about their color. So I guess as long as they are color blind so am I. But if skin color is an issue with them, then it sure as hell is with me too...:hammer:

Not sure about younger blacks, they seem to make themselves a square peg in a round hole. They seem to be THE issue here....

Those few I know, get it. So do I...

Regards, Kirk

Kane

A message to young black men: make an effort to look like a prospect, not a suspect. The pants hangin'-down thing began in the prisons, where they took your belt and your shoestrings and gave you a white XXL tee shirt.

Is that what you're trying to emulate? Think again. You're not going to get one of those good jobs you think are reserved for the white man if you go around looking like a thug.

And loose the hoodie.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
My ancestors were from Massachusetts and New York state. Neither of those states had slaves. The Irish immigrants there were treated almost as badly as slaves. Some of my ancestors such as my great-grandfather and his father were Irish. My mother told me that on her grandfather's farm were hiding places for runaway slave's It was part of something called the "Underground railroad."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part4/4p2944.html

Please don't try to put any guilt trip on me.
Even if my ancestors had lived in the land of cotton and owned a huge plantation with hundreds of slaves (by the way very few southerners ever lived that way or even owned slaves); that would have nothing to do we me.
It has been almost 150 years since slaves (legally) were owned in the USA. It has been almost 60 years since buses were segregated.
People who run around in white sheets and hoods are in the minority.
Isn't it time that everyone regardless of their color just gets on with their life's and realizes that the only true race is the HUMAN race?