• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obama Administration Announces New Gulf Oil Exploration Deal

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting timing. I have to question the reasoning for it and who might acctually get the rights, but I hope he means it this time. :unsure:

The Obama administration announced plans Thursday morning to lease out 38 million acres of the Gulf of Mexico for oil drilling and exploration in hopes to increase domestic oil production.
According to the Department of the Interior's the areas to be leased out could hold 1 billion barrels of oil and 4 trillion cubic feet of natural gas. They'll begin taking bids on June 20, according to a Department of the Interior announcement.
[Should offshore drilling be expanded?]
"Expanding offshore is a key component of our comprehensive energy strategy to grow America's energy economy, and will help us continue to reduce our dependence on foreign oil and create jobs here at home," Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar said in a statement.
The announcement makes good on Obama's State of the Union remarks. "Over the last three years, we've opened millions of new acres for oil and gas exploration, and tonight, I'm directing my Administration to open more than 75 percent of our potential offshore oil and gas resources," he said Tuesday. Obama is set to speak in Nevada to discuss the deal.
[Deepwater Horizon study offers new insight into explosion.]
The sale will include areas between three and 230 miles off the coasts of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. The administration has put new rules into place that are designed to prevent another spill like the Horizon disaster that crippled the gulf coast in 2010. The administration also increased the minimum bid for deepwater acres from $37.50 to $100, to "ensure that taxpayers receive fair market value for offshore resources." The increased price is also designed to encourage oil companies to begin drilling as soon as possible, rather than sit on the area until it's needed.
Management Director Tommy Beaudreau said in a statement that the Gulf of Mexico likely holds the greatest potential for offshore oil drilling. "The Central Gulf of Mexico remains the area with the greatest offshore oil and gas potential in the entire United States' outer continental shelf, and this proposed sale is another important step in making this area available for safe and environmentally responsible exploration and development," he said.
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...ation-announces-new-gulf-oil-exploration-deal

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Flip flop, flip flop, flip flop.....

Amazing how much effect the republicans are having on the man. TV commercials are every where.

I predict more of this type of behavior, he like the white house and all the perks. He will do any thing to stay there......

He maybe saving Keystone for a rainy day....

Regards, Kirk

Kane

I predict more of this type of behavior, he like the white house and all the perks. He will do any thing to stay there......

He maybe saving Keystone for a rainy day....

I'm sure he is getting pressure from Michelle not to screw up her First Lady gig. Extreme pressure.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When she gets the ape like face going when she is mad, I bet he jumps when she says jump..:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

SShepherd

lets watch what happens to the price of gas, and consumer confidence if he opens up everything.

instant happy happy, love you long time............right before an election.

mak2

I dont understand why this is suprising, it is consistant with Obama's prior performance on domestic oil production.

http://www.barackobama.com/record/environment?source=footer-nav

The Obama administration established new safety regulations for offshore drilling projects in the wake of the BP disaster, designed to prevent the same irresponsible risk-taking from happening again while continuing to allow the safe, responsible development of offshore energy.

In 2010, the United States produced more oil than it has since 2003 and the most natural gas it’s produced in 30 years

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I dont understand why this is suprising, it is consistant with Obama's prior performance on domestic oil production.

http://www.barackobama.com/record/environment?source=footer-nav

The Obama administration established new safety regulations for offshore drilling projects in the wake of the BP disaster, designed to prevent the same irresponsible risk-taking from happening again while continuing to allow the safe, responsible development of offshore energy.

In 2010, the United States produced more oil than it has since 2003 and the most natural gas it’s produced in 30 years
:wow:

I've come to the conclusion Mak it isn't worth the effort, every thing is either a lie, due to some hidden agenda, a scam, or, smoke and mirrors. They even thinks he doctors the unemployment numbers, go figure facts mean nothing to them. Let these guys have their hate, it seem to be all many are capable of lately.

mak2

That is why I called you a saint the other day. I wasnt kidding, I cant figure out why you put so much effort into trying to insert just a little reason into this place. Oh well. You are at least a good man Joe.

I've come to the conclusion Mak it isn't worth the effort, every thing is either a lie, due to some hidden agenda, a scam, or, smoke and mirrors. They even thinks he doctors the unemployment numbers, go figure facts mean nothing to them. Let these guys have their hate, it seem to be all many are capable of lately.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Even though I don't always agree with ya Joe, I find your arguments do have meritt. And it has been quite entertaining here as of late. You make me think, and deside for myself, not just accept what is being presented as the gosple. You've made some good points worth condsideration. Thank you for that...

Regards, Kirk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Plesase sir,,,,,
Disagreement is not HATE joec. Unless you wish to make it so.

They are not paraphrasings of each other.

mak2

Plesase sir,,,,,
Disagreement is not HATE joec. Unless you wish to make it so.

They are not paraphrasings of each other.

Disagreement is based in some sort of fact.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter

We do not hate the messenger, but we may not care much for the message. If you believe anyone here hates you, I believe you're taking things way too personally...same goes for mak2, it's about the message, not the messenger.

mak2

There is no message in talking about Pelosi orgasming to Obama's lies. Simply hate-ful speech.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
We do not hate the messenger, but we may not care much for the message. If you believe anyone here hates you, I believe you're taking things way too personally...same goes for mak2, it's about the message, not the messenger.

I've never given much thought about people think about me Joe as I could careless. I was talking about this administration and trying to use common sense when and common courtesy when discussing something here.

mak2

Yea, I dont take it personal either, just pointing out the lack of decorum and the double standard.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
:wow:Talk about BS , patting yourselves on the back for posting pure crap for facts from Obamas own website Is the most rediculous thing I have seen here to date. http://www.barackobama.com/record/environment?source=footer-nav

Thats perty friggen rich for those that put the shit on anyone they dont agree with here because of their "Right wing sources". Ya'll have learned from the best and your sheer arrogence shows it. :sad:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Disagreement is based in some sort of fact.

There is no hate in making comedic references to Cogresswoman Pelosi than making them about Michelle Bachman or Governor Palin. We have heard plenty of those. I never recall having heard any GOP use the word "hate" in refernce to those outlandish remarks.

But, the left started using the hate word a year or so ago to describe those who did not agree with Barrak and CO. They floated it for some time but it didn't fly. Just like the race card ( "you just can't stand that we have a black president") didn't fly

Because it isn't "factual" in that it does not describe civil disagreement. A Constitutionaly guarranteed right BTW. The tactic is used because it is the Alynski way, and because it is effective. As such, it needs no basis in "fact."

What is "fact' is that the word is inappropriate when used to describe an act of "dissagreement."

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
:wow:Talk about BS , patting yourselves on the back for posting pure crap for facts from Obamas own website Is the most rediculous thing I have seen here to date. http://www.barackobama.com/record/environment?source=footer-nav

Thats perty friggen rich for those that put the shit on anyone they dont agree with here because of their "Right wing sources". Ya'll have learned from the best and your sheer arrogence shows it. :sad:

Well it is impossible to prove anything anymore really. The right posts their fact the left their facts and neither trust the government facts.

I have read and heard so much about Obama in 3 years I wouldn't if the right has made up this person as I sure don't see what they are all talking about on most everything.

SShepherd

Joe, it the govt. and polotics, I beleve everything that's done is a calculated and measured way to do what best for them 1st and us second

mak2

I didnt pat myself on the back, copy and paste doesnt really take that much effort, really. :biggrin: How do you know his website is wrong? I suspect this BS comment might be rooted in a genuine dislike of the President with no real evidence. And you are right, crazy right wing sources have much less creditablity than the Presidents web page. I dont think those whacky "news" soruces deserve any creditabitly because of the constant stream of outright lies, like FEMA depots, Birth certificates, vaccine misinofrmation, death panels and on and on and on with lie after lie. The difference is the wing nut sites post lies which are eaisly provable, for example us white people arent all in FEMA camps and Obama has a birthcertificate. Sheer arrogance? that is just funny. What exactly is anyone being arrogant about? Is merely disagreing with you arrogant?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't see anything inconsistent with the oil exploration lease sale.

This does fit very well with the pattern of Obama. Kill one oil project then MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU ARE FRIENDLY to oil.

Understand folks, the selling of the gulf oil exploration rights is NOT permission to drill!

This looks like Obama is pro-oil.

This is a classic smoke-and-mirrors effort to deceive the people. We already know where there is oil and yet we can't drill to get it. This is just permission to find more . . . and how much do you want to bet that when we do we won't get permission to drill?

mak2

"In 2010, the United States produced more oil than it has since 2003 and the most natural gas it’s produced in 30 years. without the irresponsible risk taking..."

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
"In 2010, the United States produced more oil than it has since 2003 and the most natural gas it’s produced in 30 years. without the irresponsible risk taking..."

"...most of it from fields that were tapped before Obama was elected..." :hammer: