• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Today's Freebie

JimR

Charter Member
I saw this on the side of the road today and picked it up. It had a big free sign on it. I think it is supposed to hook to the front of an Ariens snowblower or something. The opening for brush near the hammers is at least 8-9" L x 4" W. It has the hammers inside to mash the brush up. It turns free and looks like it will get the job done. For free, I couldn't resist. Has anyone used one of these? If so, do they work ok? I may be able to put a stand alone motor on it if I build a base for it.

Attachments

• DSC00500.JPG
    DSC00500.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 40

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There's a unique find...

I haven't used the Ariens wood chipper but I had one that would probably be about the same size.

Honestly, I found it to be more work than what its worth. Buying chips is cheap and burning brush is fast...

JimR

Charter Member
bczoom said:
There's a unique find...

I haven't used the Ariens wood chipper but I had one that would probably be about the same size.

Honestly, I found it to be more work than what its worth. Buying chips is cheap and burning brush is fast...

This wouldn't be for making chips. It would be for the wife to smash brush with. I can't trust her with fires. The last one she had she damn near burnt the whole woods down behind our house. :pat: :pat: By the time I got over to where she was burning she had a 100' x 100' area on fire and spreading.