• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fun for the whole family

I saw this on Craigslist and thought it was interesting.

Articulating Track Vehicle - $13500 (kenai)

Date: 2012-05-21, 10:08PM AKDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

Manufactured for U.S. Military by Canadaire. Has six cylinder air cooled engine in front half which powers front and rear. Hydraulic steering -- 18 ft long 5 ft wide -- Empty weight 5575, gross weight 8120 pounds -- Highway transport with pick-up truck -- Lots of spare parts -- Located in Kenai. Phone 907-335-0208 -- Evenings works best

Attachments

• 5G65P15J63Ea3G23L2c5l87cf4bb4ee18129d.jpg
    5G65P15J63Ea3G23L2c5l87cf4bb4ee18129d.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 487

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
those do share a lot withh the weasel i would love to know what motor it actualy has the only 6 cylninder a/c motors i can think of are dutz porsch and i think the corvair motors were 6's also that rig needs to go to a colector for preservation

deviantsled

been looking for a weasel, are there more of these than weasels because they are getting hard to find...who is the manufac. of these so I may do some research! Very cool set up for my cabin access needs...

The add says they are made by Canadair so that would be a good place to start.

Another engine it could possibly use is a continental industrial, as they are a 6 cyl air cooled. Just guessing though.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
The add says they are made by Canadair so that would be a good place to start.

Another engine it could possibly use is a continental industrial, as they are a 6 cyl air cooled. Just guessing though.
you are right or could be a mil spec motor like the huculees motors on the older generators just knock off aircraft engines.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
been looking for a weasel, are there more of these than weasels because they are getting hard to find...who is the manufac. of these so I may do some research! Very cool set up for my cabin access needs...
deviant what is your plans for a weasel they wern't much as a snow cat and also were prone to throwing tracks to make them amphibous agan most will need a whole new tubb built as the bottoms are usualy rusted between the spring mounts. there were a few cool track conversions like the nodwell track whch work good for hunting riggs. the little studibaker 6 motors ran smooth and cheep no problem with running all day on a tank of gas.if you want a snow vehicle look into a snow trac,bombadiar br100 or bombi also a thiokol imp if you are using it more like a hunting atv than look into a j-5 a narrow track bombi or the larger muskeg those last 3 are built like a brick out house.
If you are a mvpa type guy want a project to restore let me know the country side is littered with weasels around here that were abandond when tehy broke i'm betting i could find you one .

deviantsled

I did not know that about Weasels... thank you. What I really want is a aktiv st4 snow-trac.They look to be easy to operate and maintain. It will only be used as a people carrier for my cabin in Boise National Forrest and for fun of course. So no drag, no "alpine deep" snow (pretty deep nevertheless). These guys had one that was very nice for $6500 but I was too slow, sold before I could get out there.

http://www.snotrans.com/

I have seen the one listed here out of Oregon, I am new to this but seems a little high. I live in Utah and the place I want to use the cat is ID so it would have to be semi close to those if you guys know of any....By far the ST4 is my fav.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i just picked up anothr one but it's nfs i plan on houling people with my 2 and the older one is also my hunting rig as the grousers on the 2 band track are more durable there are a few around here im still trying to track down ownership on those are mostly parts i know of one that was a runner i could go talk with the owner see if he wanted to sell it would have to go barge to seattle than trucked to your location

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
my problem is 5 mouths to feed and i'm likely in the near future to be paying big bucks getting a thiokol 2100 shipped accross the us if you want i can run barg rates through ak logistics see what they wiuld get for back haul rates