• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Cars We Drove

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I miss my Roadrunner. It was a later one, a '74, so it didn't have the engine the earlier ones had. But, it handled really well, and still moved out ok. I really like the hood, and curves on that '73-74 body. It was white with black stripes, and black interior. Had the rally dash, buckets with console...

I really liked my '79 10th anniverary Trans Am 2nd best. Faster, and handled better than the Roadrunner. but the Roadrunner is still my favorite.

those 50's rods they show in the video; my Dad had a '32 ford pickup with stroked and bored flatheads in it. He had it in the low 12's in '59. That's fast for a 3 speed and skinny tires.

RedRocker

I only wish I'd had a car like that, I had an English Ford Anglia, no, not the cool looking one, like the flying one on Harry Potter, 105.

cowgirl

Silver Member
Site Supporter
My family is into old chevy's. my dad has a 68 camero, orgininal owner. He rebuilt a 74 camero for me. Both of my brothers have 65-66 nova's.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I miss my old 67 El Camino Super Sport . Big Block 396 , Buckets seats with factory console .It came with chrome everything ! Man what a nice car . I sold it in 73 when the gas crunch hit . That car would be worth a fortune now :snow2_smi: . I have never seen another one in all the years I been looking that have all those options that 67 had . :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

cowgirl

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Hind sight is always 20/20. What about today's cars? Do you think any of them will be worth money like the old hot rods?

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I miss my old 67 El Camino Super Sport . Big Block 396 , Buckets seats with factory console .It came with chrome everything ! Man what a nice car . I sold it in 73 when the gas crunch hit . That car would be worth a fortune now :snow2_smi: . I have never seen another one in all the years I been looking that have all those options that 67 had . :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

GEEZ AL.........If I had known you wanted one.........I sold mine last year about this time............:pat:

Attachments

• 790866-67 El KY.jpg
    790866-67 El KY.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 101

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
GEEZ AL.........If I had known you wanted one.........I sold mine last year about this time............:pat:

HOLY COW !!!! Did it have the high back bucket seats with adjustable factory head rests and center console !!!! . :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: Is that the Super Sport Model ? I don't see the fender SS emblems

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
HOLY COW !!!! Did it have the high back bucket seats with adjustable factory head rests and center console !!!! . :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: Is that the Super Sport Model ? I don't see the fender SS emblems

Yes........buckets, console, factory air, ps pb, muncie 4 speed,12 bolt 3.73 posi, all new glass, chrome, carpet, every moving part was new or rebuilt/ replaced.

It was a El camino sport, had the SS hood (factory) & a really toasty fresh 327 with the original period correct double hump heads. Frame offed on a rust free western car.

I bought it from a guy who was restoring it with a checkbook & not his hands & he got pissed at the people working on it & sold it to me 90% finished. He had receipts for every mechanical part that moved & other parts for over 20K before he had it painted ! Not including what he paid for it in the beginning. ( and it still wasn't done !)

It was too nice to drive when I got it done & I always worried about it when I drove it anywhere that it would get vandalized or some idiot would door ding it. I had many more pics on my other computer, but that's the one my hard drive smoked on.

P

Pigtails

Wow, Cool thread. Rep points for you on this one. When we were first married we had a javlin (spelling), that was a neat car, it was a step down from a AMX (which I really wanted,but MT wanted the Jav), then we bought a Olds 442. Cool cars. We had our own little drag strip outside of town on a side hwy.. hehe..And before the interstate was finished on I-90.
Each car held its own with the hot rods we raced. MT even let me race a few..:thumb:

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I still have this one..........1970, 455 4 spd numbers matching, mosty stock except a holley carb & hooker headers,sw guages sun tach, & traction bars.............I actually drove it twice last year..........I can't believe it's 38 years old........Damn !!!!!!!!!!:pat:

Attachments

• 70 gto.jpg
    70 gto.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Pet Goat.jpg
    Pet Goat.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 54

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
That is truly a beautiful car . They sure don't build them like that anymore !:snow2_smi:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I still have this one..........1970, 455 4 spd numbers matching, mosty stock except a holley carb & hooker headers,sw guages sun tach, & traction bars.............I actually drove it twice last year..........I can't believe it's 38 years old........Damn !!!!!!!!!!:pat:

Dang it Tom, you had to show that Goat didn't you. I had a 69 GTO. 400 full time 4 barrel with an automatic tranny with a Hurst slap stick factory on the floor.. It also had hide away head lights and yes get this "Factory Air Conditioning" The A/C did not work while I owned it. I never checked it out but was told the "Factory Air" was a very limited model and if I had it today and if I did not sell for some dumb SOB to total it out two days later it would be worth lots.

murph

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Dang it Tom, you had to show that Goat didn't you. I had a 69 GTO. 400 full time 4 barrel with an automatic tranny with a Hurst slap stick factory on the floor.. It also had hide away head lights and yes get this "Factory Air Conditioning" The A/C did not work while I owned it. I never checked it out but was told the "Factory Air" was a very limited model and if I had it today and if I did not sell for some dumb SOB to total it out two days later it would be worth lots.

murph

Murph........I'd love to find a carousel red (pontiac color (hugger orange in chevy colors) 69 goat with the hideaway headlights & the rear spoiler.........my favorite gto ever !!

I've had the red 70 for the past 12 years......I bought it just before the muscle car thing got out of hand. The previous owner has been back 3 times to try to buy it back. He said it was one of the only cars he ever had that he regretted selling.

Tom