• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WWP funds

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Read on the news the wounded warrior project has been accused of spending too much of donations on entertainment, parties, travel etc. I hope it's just a rumor. If true I guess people besides politicians get sticky fingers when they get too close to a big pile of money!!
Mike

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Read on the news the wounded warrior project has been accused of spending too much of donations on entertainment, parties, travel etc. I hope it's just a rumor. If true I guess people besides politicians get sticky fingers when they get too close to a big pile of money!!
Mike
That has been floating around the world for a couple of years. Unfortunately, it seems to be true that too much of the money
is being used for "administrative" purposes. Sad. :sad:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I did a little research last year on Wounded Warriors and at that time 85% of the donations were going to help veterans. This year I understand that they are down to 50%. To say I am saddened by this would be an understatement, it seems you can't trust anyone anymore. :sad:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, Mr Liberty, I think it's like I said in that some folks get too close to a big pile of money they start thinking they should get a larger share of it than they're entitled to, whether in their pockets or what they consider "necessities".
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Stuff like that is one of the reasons I stopped donating to national charities except for the Salvation Army. I still donate to them and work for them every Christmas period.

Otherwise, all my giving stays close to home, to charities that I know and whose "staff" are nearly all volunteers where almost a 100% of the money goes to what it was intended for.

Call me a skinflint if you want but that's the way it's going to be.