• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bugs in the cedar shakes

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm replacing the cedar shakes that the woodpeckers have annihilated seeking bugs on a customer's house. I caught a couple of ant-looking critters behind the damaged siding so the homeowner's pest control guy can determine what to spray for. I told them to NOT come out until I'm done replacing all the damaged shakes. Should take 3-4 full days to replace all the damage, as the entire back of the house is in shakes.

Here's the house, and a shot of some of the damage. The homeowner had mixed some epoxy and put it in the holes where the woodpeckers dug out a hole, but it was already too late. The wife is happy that I'm there, so her husband will leave the house alone and I can properly make the repairs.:yum:

The shake stuck under the other one is there so I don't lose the pattern for cutting around the Fypon gable vent.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice house Jev! Do a good job, Al and I are coming over to check your work... :smile:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice house Jev! Do a good job, Al and I are coming over to check your work... :smile:
I do nice work, so inspections don't bother me. If you decide to show up, be sure to bring the Dr Rums.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If it was mine I would have you tear it all off and get the bug guy to spray behind the house wrap and then rewrap it and put the shake back up. Hope you are feeling for spongy studs.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
If it was mine I would have you tear it all off and get the bug guy to spray behind the house wrap and then rewrap it and put the shake back up. Hope you are feeling for spongy studs.
How did you know I like "spongy studs?":yum::yum::yum::yum:

Well, since it's not your house, your suggestion will most likely be ignored by the guy with the purse strings. But it's a good idea.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I hate wood peckers for that reason . They are always looking for place to use their pecker .

:whistling:
Well geez..... I guess we all are