• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Squerly and friends build a house...

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
That does help put it in perspective. My house is 3/4 mile from the river, with a number of steep hills and ravines with lots of rock tween here and there. I have hopes to get power to the river one day, underground or via telephone poles, one way or another. Electric company wanted 15 k 12 years ago to do the job. Lord only knows what the cost would be now for them to do it.
Yep, be prepared for double digit numbers when going underground! You can save some by doing the trenching yourself (if they will allow it) but regardless, it's going to cost a bit. But it's worth it! Is for me anyway. I really don't want to look out over God's creation(s) and be sidetracked by a bunch of ugly power lines.

But that's just me... :smile:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
As it happens, I am burying 110 feet of power lines at my place this week end. Not fun in these OZARK rocks but I don't want a house with the lines hanging on the side.

I do have a small backhoe on the Dozer, so unless it doesn't start my 2.50" conduit and wire go in Saturday. Finally

We will end up with about 300 feet coming in thru the trees and then it goes underground to the barn. Later to the house.

I plan a future run of 1000 feet down to the creek when I trench for the irrigation water lines. That'll cost big bucks but we can light the gazebo.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I plan a future run of 1000 feet down to the creek when I trench for the irrigation water lines. That'll cost big bucks but we can light the gazebo.
Good luck Franc, hope that beast starts!

OSHA worksite rules require a rope or railing on those decks.....:whistling:
Thank you Mr. Mule, we got right on it! These are alumunum rails that will guide 6 stainless steel cables around the deck, keeping kids, dogs and drunk adult's from crawling under the top rail!

Also, another picture of the tile around the shower in the hallway bathroom, and check out these drop dead gorgeous doors and the casings around the dinning room windows.

Attachments

• tn_casing 032.JPG
    tn_casing 032.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 89
  • tn_casing 010.JPG
    tn_casing 010.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 94
  • tn_casing 012.JPG
    tn_casing 012.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 91
  • tn_casing 014.JPG
    tn_casing 014.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 92
  • tn_casing 019.JPG
    tn_casing 019.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 91
  • tn_casing 004.JPG
    tn_casing 004.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 91
  • tn_casing 004a.JPG
    tn_casing 004a.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 90
  • tn_casing 027.JPG
    tn_casing 027.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 96

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You are not doing too bad for the shitty weather you had to deal with. It takes time to do things right but you will appreciate it for years to come. Trish is the one who has to like the end results.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Cabinets and Island going in and stonework behind wood stove almost finished.

Attachments

• tn_fireplace 017.JPG
    tn_fireplace 017.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 72
  • tn_fireplace 018.JPG
    tn_fireplace 018.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 76
  • tn_fireplace 010.JPG
    tn_fireplace 010.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 74
  • tn_fireplace 007.JPG
    tn_fireplace 007.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 72

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Ya'll have been busy since my Crossfire friends poached a free lunch there.

WOW what beautiful finishes.

BTW, The old Case started right up. However, it was low on Hydraulic fluid. Maybe next week end.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Washer and dryer installed behind their cabinet. The cabinet is designed in such a way that the entire front comes off with a couple of screws in case we need to repair the equipment. Part of the crown left to be installed and the counter isn't on, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• tn_003.JPG
    tn_003.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 54
  • tn_004.JPG
    tn_004.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 51
  • tn_washer 021.JPG
    tn_washer 021.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 52
  • tn_012.JPG
    tn_012.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 55

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
How come my wife wants her Samsung machines twice that high in the air??:hammer:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Granite arrived and installed today. :clap:

Attachments

• tn_granite 038.JPG
    tn_granite 038.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 99
  • tn_granite 016.JPG
    tn_granite 016.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 100
  • tn_granite 009.JPG
    tn_granite 009.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 99
  • tn_granite 012.JPG
    tn_granite 012.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 100

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Damit Squerly!!!!!! Mom has been happy with her polished maple counter tops untill now..........now she is saying maby we should switch to granite!!!!!:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

I fixed that...told her the maple stayed along with me..package deal.....they go I go....:sad::unsure::unsure::unsure::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Im usely real sure before I go there!!!!! We have been married sence June of 1964......still seems like yesterday!!!!and dated for 3+ years prior to that.
And as an extra precation..I make darn sure Ive got a smile on my face when I do go there!!!!!:yum: On the first date....her dad ment me at the front door with a greener in his hand...and some rules on his lips......about how his little girl was to be treated!!!!!!!!and I obayed every one of them:brows:
sort of.....:shifty: and one of the proudest memorys is just before he died he shook my hand and thanked me for doing right by his little girl. many years later...Mom always laughes and says and if she had told him the truth he would have filled my ass with buckshot and rock salt years ago!!!!!!!!:yum:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Make sure you seal that granite Squerly!

Mrs. Zoom sealed it with some high strength/quality stuff. I don't recall what it was but do remember it was something like $150 per pint. It's been holding up very well.

Mama

I love the setup of that kitchen. That will be very easy to work in.

That looks like the same GE Profile refrigerator we bought a couple of months ago. If it is, you're gonna love it!

Daxman

Dammit Squerly, what a beautiful house!!! Im really impressed with how its turned out so far... nicely done.. We cant wait to come visit, you may never get rid of us...LOL

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Make sure you seal that granite Squerly!
Absolutely! The granite has a reasonable finish on it as it is but when the light hits it just right (on the pores regions) you can tell it needs something more.

I love the setup of that kitchen. That will be very easy to work in.

That looks like the same GE Profile refrigerator we bought a couple of months ago. If it is, you're gonna love it!
We bought those appliances a year ago and I had forgotten what they looked like. But yes, they are all GE Profile. Low energy usage and supposedly good performance/reliability. We'll see!

Damn nice work !!!:clap:
Thanks Al! Coming from a perfectionist like yourself that's a real complement!

Dammit Squerly, what a beautiful house!!! Im really impressed with how its turned out so far... nicely done.. We cant wait to come visit, you may never get rid of us...LOL
Yipes! I guess it's not to late to move... :wink:

Last edited:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Busy day! Loft now has a floor, Harman TL 300 wood stove arrived, beams in dinning room are almost up (these are the beams we harvested from a huge oak earlier this year) and stainless steal railings have been installed.

Attachments

• tn_closer 030.JPG
    tn_closer 030.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 62
  • tn_closer 033.JPG
    tn_closer 033.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 62
  • tn_closer 034.JPG
    tn_closer 034.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 62
  • tn_closer 043.JPG
    tn_closer 043.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 61
  • tn_closer 060.JPG
    tn_closer 060.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 63
  • TL300.pdf
    525.7 KB · Views: 16

Mama

What a cool stove! Did you get the optional "self-cleaning cooking grill"? That would be sooooo neat to have!

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Permanent power connection was made today so Trish and I just had to take the 4-wheeler up and play with the lights. It is awesome! Took some pictures of the internal plumbing that is required to connect the outside wood furnace to the internal house plumbing. I guess it's old hat for Muleman but for me, this is some really cool stuff.

Anyhow, random pictures in no particular manner.

Attachments

• tn_DSC02038.JPG
    tn_DSC02038.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 50
  • tn_DSC02044.JPG
    tn_DSC02044.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 50
  • tn_DSC02043.JPG
    tn_DSC02043.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 50
  • tn_DSC02041.JPG
    tn_DSC02041.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 51
  • tn_DSC02040.JPG
    tn_DSC02040.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 52
  • tn_DSC02039.JPG
    tn_DSC02039.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 50
  • tn_DSC02037.JPG
    tn_DSC02037.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 50
  • tn_DSC02036.JPG
    tn_DSC02036.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 50

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Squerly....Every elect.job I was ever involved in was always exciting to see the finish of it...all trades seemed to get the same satisfaction of seeing a job well done!!! as the owners you folks can and should be proud....it is a wonderful house....and now you folks can make it a home!!!!! and I for one want to thank you for letting us see the prosess:clap:.......Most of my working life was spent in the industrial side of the trade....power plants ect.....but I always found working on a home to be sort of special......Now comes the cleaning up and tieing up loose ends and moving in....wishing you good luck and God speed.....And maby a strong gate at the end of the lane to ward off folks of self invite!!!!!!!!:whistling:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting real close to moving in. Furniture is scheduled for delivery on the 18th (10 days away) so everything needs to run like clockwork. Lots of stuff happening today but these pictures are limited to the master bedroom (and one picture from the deck looking back to the MB).

Attachments

• tn_DSC02051.JPG
    tn_DSC02051.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 37
  • tn_DSC02053.JPG
    tn_DSC02053.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 36
  • tn_DSC02047.JPG
    tn_DSC02047.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 37
  • tn_DSC02048.JPG
    tn_DSC02048.JPG