• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fixing the swimming pool ~ turned myself into AquaMan

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the morning mixing up some underwater 2-part epoxy and preparing 3 fiberglass barstools so they could be epoxied back onto the bottom of my fiberglass pool (which is where they were originally attached when we installed the pool).

Got everything goo'ed up and allowed the epoxy to just start curing before I put them back into the pool, then set some concrete blocks on them to hold them in place while they cure.

Unfortunately a couple drips of the curing epoxy fell to the bottom of the pool and I stepped on them. Now I'm dealing with my toes sticking together. Much as I try wipe off the residual epoxy, my toes are sticking together like AquaMan! WTF, I've turned into a SUPERHERO :sad:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 70

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A little diesel fuel seemed to work at preventing the epoxy from fully setting while I cleaned it. Wish I would have figured that out quicker!!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Diesel or Kerosene is the first attempt. Then if you are a real man get out the acetone or good carb cleaner.:brows: Just remember to apply some good hand creme as the carb cleaner sure dries the oils out of your skin. I bought a few cases of good carb cleaner before they banned it and that stuff works!:clap:

jwstewar

A little diesel fuel seemed to work at preventing the epoxy from fully setting while I cleaned it. Wish I would have figured that out quicker!!!

Oh man, you didn't get the diesel fuel on any clothes did you? I don't know that I can handle another one of those stories.....man that has been a long time ago.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh man, you didn't get the diesel fuel on any clothes did you? I don't know that I can handle another one of those stories.....man that has been a long time ago.

WOW what a good memory you have for really BAD MEMORIES :hammer:

No, none on the clothes. Heck, that was grade school and my daughter just graduated from high school and is going to college. How time flies, something tells me we are both getting old :doh:

Bar stools without a pit bar??? I'm confused.
Its not a 'swim up' bar. But there is a walk up bar that is just a couple steps a way.

jwstewar

WOW what a good memory you have for really BAD MEMORIES :hammer:

No, none on the clothes. Heck, that was grade school and my daughter just graduated from high school and is going to college. How time flies, something tells me we are both getting old :doh:
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/melensdad/media/image_zps2a3fcef8.jpg.html

Anyone that was around at that time, I don't know how they could forget it. That was absolutely the funniest story that I've read on the internet and the way you told it was brilliant.

On the getting old part, yes, and my body tells me this everyday. From the heart attack in April, now to the back pain I've had for 2 weeks after bending over to pick some clothes up off the floor.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone that was around at that time, I don't know how they could forget it. That was absolutely the funniest story that I've read on the internet . . .
Yes yes, everyone loves a story about a guy getting screamed at by his wife. As long as the story is about ANOTHER guy!

Sadly, I think the story was lost in the digital universe during a ForumsForums crash a few years ago. :sad:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes yes, everyone loves a story about a guy getting screamed at by his wife. As long as the story is about ANOTHER guy!

Sadly, I think the story was lost in the digital universe during a ForumsForums crash a few years ago. :sad:
So, stop teasing us.....One Of You Spill!
:popcorn::bb:

Whats the story?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So, stop teasing us.....One Of You Spill!
:popcorn::bb:

Whats the story?

It was a epic tale, filled an entire thread, about the cause/effect of diesel fuel spilled on clothes and then tossed into the washing machine with ALL of my daughter's school uniforms. Sadly it cannot be recreated from memory, with all its intricacies of verbal inflection from my wife, the experimentation of mixing cleaners to remove the diesel smell, the yelling, the screaming, the extinction of the dinosaurs......

BEG DOC to dig around in his digital archives, if that is possible, I promise a whole generation of laughter and tears (from laughing so hard).

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It was a epic tale, filled an entire thread, about the cause/effect of diesel fuel spilled on clothes and then tossed into the washing machine with ALL of my daughter's school uniforms. Sadly it cannot be recreated from memory, with all its intricacies of verbal inflection from my wife, the experimentation of mixing cleaners to remove the diesel smell, the yelling, the screaming, the extinction of the dinosaurs......

BEG DOC to dig around in his digital archives, if that is possible, I promise a whole generation of laughter and tears (from laughing so hard).

I'll bet with DOC, the story is a duessy
I popping the corn when I get home tonite.

Kane

Well, if Doc can't find it, maybe NSA can pull it from the archives in Utah.

Just call (202) 555-1212.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, way longer than I was thinking. That was 10 years ago. Long before FF even existed.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/30443-getting-diesel-smell-out-your.html

I was thinking it was longer thread than that with more responses, but maybe not.

For some reason I too was thinking that thread was way longer too. I know I quit TBN because of edits/censorship/etc. Wonder if that thread was longer, as we remember? May have been cut down by the moderators to insure it was family friendly? Or, maybe my memory fails me? Again.