• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FIRST MEASURABLE SNOW of the season . . .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok folks, the official date for measurable snow here in NW Indiana is November 10, 2011. We got just about 1/2" of wet white stuff.

Certainly not enough to break out the Snow Trac, but enough to be optimistic that we could be in for a good season of snow.

Who else has snow?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is coming to us tomorrow but won't amount to much. Can you pull the snowtrac out of the garage this year?:whistling:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is coming to us tomorrow but won't amount to much. Can you pull the snowtrac out of the garage this year?:whistling:
I fixed the starter problem 2 years ago :hammer: Posted videos last year and didn't even run out of fuel last year either :ermm:

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
3 foot base in wolf creek at 9000',just got 14" on top of Cumbers pass 10,000' ,as soon as it is a foot or so above the fence line, up the mountain i go:clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Raked the lawn yesterday...shovelled 6 inches of snow today. Yep...we got it now. It's officially white out there.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There is some snow heading this direction, but the radar is showing it fizzling out around Fort Wayne Indiana.
After that, it looks like we might see a few flakes, but more than likely rain.
bah! lol

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don, are you on high ground?

Reports we are getting down here is that Nome is getting hammered by a heck of a storm.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is what fell right after my Mom passed on 10/28, pictures are the morning of 10/29. I think she did it as a last chuckle ............ :)

Her front walk ramp

310253_10150337673316875_675086874_8301812_449728999_n.jpg

My back porch

314317_10150456801532565_647197564_10549547_769040725_n.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We have been getting squalls off the lakes since this morning. Covers the ground for 1/2 hour and then sun pops out and it is gone quickly. Three rounds so far and more to come.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Took this one yesterday morning when I got up. Temps are now below freezing but are supposed to be around +6/7 for the weekend. That should make for a sloppy wet mess.

Attachments

• 20111110_43.jpg
    20111110_43.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 219

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
20 inches October 29th. Took my first ever cat ride around the parking lot on Nov. 1st. It's been 60 degrees all week, the snow is all gone, and tomorrow is the day to rip off the pontoons to officialy start the rebuild to get it ready for next year (and the following 30).

That's going to make for a long winter -- looking at snow while working on a sno-cat.:sad:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
nome withstood the storm just fine my house is on the north end of townquite a ways from the waterfront

Down here in Silverton the ski hill just opened Dec. 3rd. I made a few runs up with BALTO and a few runs down on skis....picked up some T'ride folk and they posted this video....spent the night at the shack solo....there had been a plane crash 2 miles away in the bad weather...when I came out yesterday I offered BALTO's services for the S&Rescue but the locals in San Juan County said no thanks......gonna be an interesting winter I'm thinking

http://unofficialnetworks.com/silverton-opening-day-pow-56357/

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
About 4" in western Iowa. Today I hope The new over head door gets installed, as my Snow Trac is behind the old one, that is damaged to the point of replacing it. 3 days with snow and no Snow Trac....It just ani't right....

Regards, Kirk

shopman

Down here in Silverton the ski hill just opened Dec. 3rd. I made a few runs up with BALTO and a few runs down on skis....picked up some T'ride folk and they posted this video....spent the night at the shack solo....there had been a plane crash 2 miles away in the bad weather...when I came out yesterday I offered BALTO's services for the S&Rescue but the locals in San Juan County said no thanks......gonna be an interesting winter I'm thinking
http://unofficialnetworks.com/silverton-opening-day-pow-56357/

Slim - that was a great video of the skiing that they took - looks like mid-winter! Awesome that Balto is in it as well... Were you taking them up off the road by the ski hill or up on your property?

Monarch is just opening tomorrow with OK, but not great snow... The storms keep going either south of us or north :sad:

I still need one more decent storm to take out my baby and see how she's going to do in the snow around the cabin... we have maybe 5 or 6" but not covered everywhere...

:letitsnow:

Shopman-I park BALTO on an unmaintained county road just across the street from r Silverton Mountain ski area ...when they stopped the lifts at 3:30PM I gave some folks who asked about the snocat a ride up towards my property...they skied back down to their cars and I went on up to my shack where I live when working on my cabin....or just to get away from the world and do a little skiing...cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2751.jpg
    IMG_2751.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 119

shopman

Great pics! Very envious of your snow and I know right where you keep Balto - now even more envious of your cabin location... Have to try to get down there sometime this winter - skiing should be amazing as always down there... We usually have some great skiing here but never as good the Silverton area. I did go skiing today at Monarch at least - they finally opened...

Balto must be running like a top! :clap:

Yeah its running like the top of a beer bottle rolling off the bar!!! all over the place 'cause I'm still tweeking the steering ....PM me and I'll give a phone # contact in case you get over this way this winter

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Almost broke the record here in IL. First measurable snow was just last night.