• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A good find today!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Stopped into AutoZone today to pick up a few things and noticed a CATBACK exhaust on clearance. Just one and it so happened to fit my Ranger. Seems it was ordered and never picked up. We dickered and then settled on a price of !00 bucks out the door. Then he noticed my Navy hat and said oh what the hell you get 10% off for being a vet. Oh happy day I say. Great to be old TR today. :yum:

Gonna use my buddies lift and blue wrenches to cut the old exhaust out. So I shall be installing this sometime next week.

This system is a stainless steel muffler only, but that is to be expected at this price point. Pipes are 2 1/2" and almost look like they belong on a diesel.

dyno.jpg

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Got the system installed. Easy, peasy. Sounds great, I think. Have a listen.

As a side note, I have subsequently discovered that the pipes are Grade 409 Stainless which is the same grade installed on most new vehicles. The muffler and tip are Grade 304. For 90 bucks out the door, I did not get hurt too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LcvGPhQTno&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Not what I expected. I thought it was going to sound like a Harley! :bolt:

All kidding aside it sounds GREAT!

Yeah, phew. For what I paid, I took a chance. It is very quiet for a straight through muffler. When I got it home and looked at the muffler and I could see right straight through it I went oh, oh. But it is fine. My wife thinks it is too loud but she would say that with anything aftermarket.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It didn't sound loud to me. After all, how much noise can a little 4-banger make anyway? :)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I get it.
SVT=Six Varmint Truck. It has 6 gerbils, not 4. LOL