• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

STATES CUTTING EMPLOYEE HOURS TO AVOID OBAMACARE COSTS

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
STATES CUTTING EMPLOYEE HOURS TO AVOID OBAMACARE COSTS

The costs of Obamacare are not just hitting businesses this year--they are also hitting the government, and public employees as well. Virginia, for example, is about to limit part-time employees to 29 hours per week in order to avoid triggering Obamacare’s requirement that employers provide health insurance to those working 30 hours per week or more. The state cannot afford the $110 million annual cost of insurance.

Article continues at:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...tting-Employee-Hours-to-Avoid-Obamacare-Costs

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
but . . . but . . . but . . . say it ain't so!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
But they at least get to keep their own doctor.:yum: The fools that voted for the free ride are finding out they can't get on that bus now that the election is over.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I think a lot of BO's voters are gonna find out that old saying is really true: There's no such thing as a free lunch.
Mike

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Maby if more states did that.....it will help kill the damn thing!!!!!!:whistling: how about cutting all full time employes to 28 hours a week? How about cutting O-slimmy to 20 hours a week????:yum:

Kane

It's a cartoon, but it's not funny. Note the finality at the bottom of the flow chart - "The Public Option", which of course is the end game of ObamaCare. It is written (by The Apollo Group, not Congress) to be so confusing and expensive that there remains no choice but for corporations or individuals to go onto Universal Health Care.

Clever of these Progressives, don't you think?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Maby if more states did that.....it will help kill the damn thing!!!!!!:whistling: how about cutting all full time employes to 28 hours a week? How about cutting O-slimmy to 20 hours a week????:yum:
Uhhhh, he's not working that many hours now.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a cartoon, but it's not funny. Note the finality at the bottom of the flow chart - "The Public Option", which of course is the end game of ObamaCare.

One of the best things about this forum is the intelligent folks that hang out here. I'm grateful for that as I'm always in need of enlightenment on one level or another. So I have a question please...

Forget for a minute that the government has no business in healthcare, that's a given. But moving beyond that, what exactly is wrong with a "public option"?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
One of the best things about this forum is the intelligent folks that hang out here. I'm grateful for that as I'm always in need of enlightenment on one level or another. So I have a question please...

Forget for a minute that the government has no business in healthcare, that's a given. But moving beyond that, what exactly is wrong with a "public option"?
As with all things the government gets involved in the first thing that will happen is the development of a bloated bureaucracy to oversee it and dole out payments. This just to start it off. More and more government positions will added as the tumor grows. The costs will never be contained and it will end up eating up 30-40% of the money allocated for the program. Then the cry will go out to throw more money at the problem Washington created. And the never ending cycle of futility will be entrenched and short of a revolution will never end!:hammer: