• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sausage Making Recipes

Bamby

How about some good "Sausage Recipes" for making up some my own. I have looked around online some already without any real success. My dad's family had a real good one but unfortunately it's now lost due to the passing of family members. Anyone have good seasonings list they would be willing to share?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fennel, sage and garlic, or cloves for some bite. Curing salts for preservation. Do you have a smoker? Or are you wanting a fresh sausage? Maybe Waybomb will chime in on this one... He has a little experiance along these lines I believe.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
What kind of sausage do you want? I have a recipe for sweet and breakfast from our butcher years ago.

Bamby

What kind of sausage do you want? I have a recipe for sweet and breakfast from our butcher years ago.

Actually I like both but the Misses prefers breakfast herself. No I don't have a smoker so I'm looking for fresh pork recipes. Around here at least the price of bought sausage is getting plenty high enough that I'm thinking I'd be tastier ahead grinding my own in lots and freezing the excess. So I'm thinking at least ten pound lots at a time to justify making and then cleaning up the resulting mess. :thumb:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fair warning....

The price of pork will by summer time be substantially higher. There is currently a epedemic of a leathal sickness running uncontroled in our hog herd. Confinment hog buildings with as many as 2,500 head per building are a contibuting factor. Tens of Thousands will not make it to market. Futures prices on CBOT right now reflect the comming shortage of pork. Stock up early and well....

Regards, Kirk

Bamby

Fair warning....

The price of pork will by summer time be substantially higher. There is currently a epedemic of a leathal sickness running uncontroled in our hog herd. Confinment hog buildings with as many as 2,500 head per building are a contibuting factor. Tens of Thousands will not make it to market. Futures prices on CBOT right now reflect the comming shortage of pork. Stock up early and well....

Regards, Kirk

Thanks for the "Heads UP" on the pork issue Kirk. Beefs getting out of sight, the western drought is going to dramatically drive up fruit and vegetable prices and yet somehow a persons still hast to eat something. Yet I guess it will be a good year for folks who do manage to have editable commodities for sale.