• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Another TBN thread about Bob Skurka

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Over on TBN a thread asking about me leaving TBN

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...&Old=6hour&Main=756465&Search=true#Post756563

Can one of you members who has my email address go over there and send those folks who are asking about me my email address so they can simply contact me directly as I no longer have PM privledges. Make sure you do not violate the TBN rules, do not invite them here, just send them my email address and tell them they can contact me directly if they choose to ask me questions.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Taken care of! BTW........Hakim is denying your banishment!

Some dialogue from this most recent thread!

Whoever told you Bob Skurka is banned doesn't know what they are talking about.

Hakim Chishti
Staff/Moderator

Bob told me!

gmsssi

I heard he bought a CK25 and is just to ashamed to admit to it.
grin.gif

muddytires (new member?)

Last edited:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
The whole thread to this time...

kevincook
Gold Member

Reged: 10/23/00
Loc: Tully, NY (Syracuse)
Bob Skurka didn't leave us did he?
#756465 - 10/18/05 05:42 PM Edit Reply Quote

I don't post a lot....but I read the forums almost every day for the last five years to keep up on things. I don't want to start any debates here regarding the recent issues with trolls, etc, so please don't respond if I'm ruffling any feathers.

I just wanted to know if Bob has left us or if he is hopefully just busy with one of his many projects. He has been a great contributor here. I noticed his profile doesn't have any information posted and I thought he had all his tractors, etc. listed there in the past.

Bob, where are you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Post Extras: Print Post | Remind Me! | Notify Moderator |
crown
Platinum Member

Reged: 05/08/01
Loc: Winchester, VA
Re: Bob Skurka didn't leave us did he? [Re: kevincook]
#756563 - 10/18/05 08:06 PM Edit Reply Quote

Kevin,
I too hope Bob has not left, but it was no secret he was getting very frustrated with the way the forum was headed. I think he became a whipping post for the non big 3 owners.
I always felt his post were very well thought out and to the point and contrary to popular belief very unbaised.

Bob if you are out there your opinions are valued!!!

Hope all is well with you and the lovely Mrs. Bob

Crown

jeffinsgf
Gold Member

Reged: 03/02/05
Loc: Springfield, MO
Re: Bob Skurka didn't leave us did he? [Re: crown]
#756593 - 10/18/05 08:34 PM Edit Reply Quote

Bob has been banned. I don't know any more than that. I think it is a terrible loss, and I can't imagine what precipitated it.

4410 ePR, 3rd SCV, Skid Plates, TuffTop Canopy
430 FEL, 48 BH, MX-5, Frontier 72" FM & 60" BB and Country Manufacturing Dump Wagon

Hakim

Reged: 02/26/01
Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: Bob Skurka didn't leave us did he? [Re: jeffinsgf]
#756595 - 10/18/05 08:36 PM Edit Reply Quote

Whoever told you Bob Skurka is banned doesn't know what they are talking about.

Hakim Chishti
Staff/Moderator

daedong
Veteran Member

Reged: 07/08/03
Loc: South Australia
Re: Bob Skurka didn't leave us did he? [Re: crown]
#756598 - 10/18/05 08:45 PM Edit Reply Quote

Bob was a very valuable bloke here on TBN, his knowledge and dedication to find information for others will be missed. However knowing Bob like I do, I am sure he has simply moved on in life with no regrets or resentment.

He is probably still trying to work out what a Servo and a flickmixer are, he was a little slow at times.

http://stonevahestate.tripod.com/

muddytires

Reged: 10/18/05

Re: Bob Skurka didn't leave us did he? [Re: kevincook]
#756601 - 10/18/05 08:50 PM Edit Reply Quote

I heard he bought a CK25 and is just to ashamed to admit to it.

gmsssi
Platinum Member

Reged: 04/06/00
Loc: Western Pennsylvania
Re: Bob Skurka didn't leave us did he? [Re: Hakim]
#756605 - 10/18/05 08:52 PM Edit Reply Quote

Bob told me!

Greg
Kioti DK45s

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
POOF!!!

The thread is gone. But my request for help still stands, if one of you know has my email address could send it to those concerned, via PM, I will answer their questions if I can. Please do nothing to put yourself at risk, do not violate TBN rules and put yourself in jeapordy. I'd like to converse with Crown, Kevin and Jeff.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah it's gone and Bob I did forward your info to Kevin.............

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night I sent Jerry a regular email mentioning that they were asking about him. I didn't get a reply from him but he typically answered his email during the day so that was not a surprise that he didn't respond. I just sent him another email and included an invitation to come here and check things out.

kevincook

Well Bob, I'm glad you are still kicking. Your posts were some of the best on TBN. I hope you as well as the other will be back sometime. I never did understand why some members over there with little to no experience were so vocal about their brand. I'll stop in here from time to time to check up on you guys.

Good Luck,
Kevin

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
kevincook said:
Well Bob, I'm glad you are still kicking. Your posts were some of the best on TBN. I hope you as well as the other will be back sometime. I never did understand why some members over there with little to no experience were so vocal about their brand. I'll stop in here from time to time to check up on you guys.

Good Luck,
Kevin

Kevin, to make a long story short, I got banned from posting on TBN or even from using the PM functions at TBN. I detailed the story somewhere on these pages if you want to dig it up. But it boiled down to I turned my brother in law onto TBN when I was down at his house for the funeral of my Mother In Law. A few days later we traveled to my house, he posted from my house. "M" figured I was posting under 2 names and he banned me. Sent me a slightly nasty PM for me to read, but when I went to respond to it, I was banned from using the reply. Seemed a bit silly since I had stopped posting almost a month prior to that, but I was using PMs to answer people's questions. The day before he banned me, I had just helped out a Kioti owner with questions about snow blades and blowers, that owner even apologized to me for the treatment I got on the Kioti forum by the knuckleheads who are brand zealots.

So I give TBN a new member (who now quit because of the way I was treated) and I get banned but that is what happens. . . no good deed goes unpunished! :confused:

Anyway, poke around here and see what there is to see. Obviously this site doesn't have the volume of traffic or the tractor focus, but you'll find lots of friendly faces here to bounce all sorts of issues off of.

LarryRB

Now you see, last night I read that post before it was deleted and Hakim ADAMANTLY stated to someone, YOU WERE NOT BANNED!!! See what is going on over there?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
LarryRB said:
Now you see, last night I read that post before it was deleted and Hakim ADAMANTLY stated to someone, YOU WERE NOT BANNED!!! See what is going on over there?

Well heck, the last few times I tried to send a PM (including to 2 different moderators and to Muhammad) I got a little message saying I couldn't do that. I also go a very terse PM from Muhammad that I could not even reply to. So while I can go there and read things I cannot reply. Maybe I am only 'partially banned' or maybe we just have a confusion over what the term banned means? I figure if I can't reply then I am banned. If I misunderstand the term then perhaps I am wrong to use it. But to be honest, I'm not even bothering to check my PMs anymore so if they lifted my super secret quasi partial ban then I don't even know about it.

LarryRB

I understand fully what you are saying,, Actually, I think in more ways than one, it is funny, because it seems now they are scattering all over the place and don't know what to do or say next.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So what did I do to make them so mad at me?

People can ask about JerryG but as soon as they ask about me the thread vanishes?

Do you think it is because I allow people to email me questions? Heck I traded email addresses with dozens of TBN members over the past year or so, even traded phone numbers and addresses with several members. What is the big deal?

Heck it is not like I am saying anything bad about the site, I still think it is the place to find information on tractors that cannot be found anywhere else. I just wish it was the friendly community it used to be. There is no question that I think they should have banned some people, but the people I think they should have banned are still there. And each of them has been considered by several moderators as a troublemaker. I actually was asked for a list of people that I considered to be problems, the reply to my list was that they had already pegged those same people as problems. Hmmm. So why are they still there? And why have so many good guys gone away with the very same complaint that the troublemakers are taking over?

OregonAlex

Bob,

makes you appreciate seperation of press and goverment here in the US?? eh? Muhammad is probably used to a different mind set.. *wink, wink*

they banned, you then they outright denied that you have been banned, now they are deleting any posts which allow people to contact you via email. See a pattern here? If I didn't know better, I would say if you continue along this path, you will be shot.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OregonAlex said:
Bob. . .they banned, you then they outright denied that you have been banned, now they are deleting any posts which allow people to contact you via email. . .if you continue along this path, you will be shot.

Well I guess I have something to look forward to? :(

But the odd thing is I am not going over there and finding people to email, I am not even doing anything different than I did before. When I was active on TBN it was common for me to have 300 or more PMs in my "Inbox." I used to delete between 30 to 100 PMs every week to make room for new ones. Some of those were references where I received help and I was just saving the information, but many were simple conversations that were not appropriate for the forums because they talked about politics or some other topic, and many were requests for information from newbies I had never conversed with in the forums. And after I stopped posting publicly, they continued right up until the day I was banned but at a slower rate. And many people who I conversed with via PM were simply given my regular email address because it was easier to use.

So lots of members have my email and I still get email messages from TBN members. Today alone I probably got messages from 3 or 4 TBN members who are not here on www.forumsforums.com.

So what the heck did I do to get them mad at me?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
You're up cyber stalking them at 2:30am. What are you doing up? I'm on the wrong side of the world.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
You're up cyber stalking them at 2:30am. What are you doing up? I'm on the wrong side of the world.

The dogs had to go :toilet:

So how is Hawaii? Where are you? Seems like everyone goes to Maui. I know this isn't your first trip, have you seen the Arizona Memorial? The Cemetary? Any of the coffee or macadamia nut plantations? Oprah's house? Eaten REAL poi (1 finger or 2) on the beach with REAL Hawaiians? Did you buy me a shirt? I'm partial to reds or blues with repeat patterns that coordinate rather than clash. Silk is best, and make sure the buttons are real bamboo. (no, I'm not demanding, I just know what I want ;) )

One of my favorite places on earth is the Big Island, Kona coast area. The whole Big Island is not as built up as so many other areas. But I'm getting really tired of travelling. Yesterday I was notified by American Airlines that I am now a member of their 1,000,000 Mile club. Personally I'd prefer to have joined the "Mile High" club :whistle: but now I do get a lot of special privledges with A.A. when I travel because I get a special card that lets me check in at 1st Class even when I travel coach, get preferential upgrades to 1st Class ahead of others, etc. So it will make travel more bearable, but I really dread the whole concept of travel. I love the destination, I hate the process of getting there.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
As of this morning the "Where is Bob Skurka?" thread has been closed by Moss Road. It seems that they didn't like that conversation either.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Over on TBN a thread asking about me leaving TBN

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...&Old=6hour&Main=756465&Search=true#Post756563

Can one of you members who has my email address go over there and send those folks who are asking about me my email address so they can simply contact me directly as I no longer have PM privledges. Make sure you do not violate the TBN rules, do not invite them here, just send them my email address and tell them they can contact me directly if they choose to ask me questions.

To Late. A few found our way here. Someone mentioned in the now closed thread, to Google your name.

Nice to see some folks over here that used to be there:thumb:

jbrumberg

"Big Brother" actions always scare me. What's the old saying "power corrupts... absolute power corrupts absolutely":4_11_9:? There has been a lot of posts about "missing" members and posts at another site which motivated me to search the internet which ultimately resulted in the discovery of this site :). What ever happened to thingy,,,,,,,?

Jay

jbrumberg

I may have to move in with someone as well once "wifey" discovers that I am registered with another tractor forum :toilet: . I need to find a sympathetic tractor owner within driving distance :17875: who also suffers from tractoritis.:rock: Jay

Farmwithjunk

I need to change my user name. How about naive'n'outoftheloop? I had no idea. For the last few months I've been having trouble logging in here. All I knew was most of the main guys on TBN were slowly disappearing. I chalked it all up to "change". I've had my run ins with a certain "feathered" moderator there myself, but thought it was just me. WOW!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hey, now that we all have found Bob, how about a party at Bob's :idea: It is centrally located so easy traveling for most.:17875: If we plan fast we could beat the snow. :pee_smilie: and if not just:letitsnow:. If Bob doesn't let us in the front door we could climb down the :wall:. I'll get the party girls :bunnies::rock:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, now that we all have found Bob, how about a party at Bob's
Again? Here is what happened the first time for those of you that weren't there...

Bob - Is everything put back together so we can have another party? :1062: