• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My new medicine cabinet?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
How's this for cool?

medicinecabinet2.jpg

medicinecabinet3.jpg

medicinecabinet4.jpg

medicinecabinet.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Tell me that's YOUR wine cellar...I'm soooooooo jealous.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I wish it were!!!

My condo in MI has a sand floored crawlspace. I'm going to have concrete poured down there, and I told a buddy I planned on building my own wine cellar. I know an ex-Hussmann guy, and I can get all the hardware I need to build my refrigeration system on the cheap. I was thinking building it floor to ceiling, about 4 feet, and 20 feet long.

Now he send me this!

It would not be too hard for me to copy this.

Ain't this so cool?

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I looks like the only manhole I wouldn't mind working in.
It almost looks like it's modular precast.

If you are building one what about pre cast pipe sections on end or pre cast manhole.

tom

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
So let's say I were really to move forward. The condo in Mi is on the water, and has a sand crawlspace. From the floor top to the sand below is about 4 feet. I'd need to dig down at least another 4-5 feet. And then I'd need a sump pump in the bottom. So maybe 6, 6.5 feet down.

It's a crawlspace and sand. Howe would one dig and support the sand? As for precast, I'd never be able to get it in. I'd have to build the wall with blocks.

You construction guys - how to do it?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Could you drive down some interlocking structural metal panels as a perimeter barrier? Then excavate the area inside?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know how I could do that. Between the joists and the sand ground, I have maybe 3, 3.5 feet. I'll have to check these interlocking panels out. I'd have to manually hammer them down.