• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Finding your missing best buddy

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thats great !! I say "Pigs Ears" for everybody ! Bartender Line em up !!! I'm Buyin !!!

Dargo said:
:dancing: :dancing: :thewave: :jumpingSm

Sorry, just had to post again! :wave:

Eighteen cockleburrs and a bottle of shampoo later we are taking a little break. I've never been so happy to clean up a really dirty, really big dog in my life! Hell, I even shared a beer with him. What did I get for appreciation? First a good wet licking, and then :fart2: :fart2:

What the heck; :fart2: back at him. :yum: :D

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!:tiphat: :applause: :thumb:

My jaw actually dropped when I saw your post that you found him alive and healthy.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Here are my 'boys' back to their normal lounging. I only have one piece of outdoor furniture that I allow the dogs on. Dargo has again claimed his favorite hangout. Note his buddy Bruno just waiting for him to move so he can have the preferred spot. :thumb:

Attachments

• boys.jpg
    boys.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 151

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
After all he has been through you need to buy him a cushion for his bench.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Dargo said:
Here are my 'boys' back to their normal lounging. I only have one piece of outdoor furniture that I allow the dogs on. Dargo has again claimed his favorite hangout. Note his buddy Bruno just waiting for him to move so he can have the preferred spot. :thumb:

Either that is a small bench or he is one big dog.

Bob is right, he does need a cushion.

Our dog gets the run of the house, she can sit on any piece of furniture that she wants. One night she wanted to lay on the bed, it was very crowded until she decided that it was to warm for her and headed to her spot on the floor.:coolshade

BoneheadNW

Brent-
I just read your great news after getting home this morning. We are so happy for you and your family. Give Dargo a big wet kiss for the entire Bonehead family and tell him the next box of Iams biscuts is on me. We will toast to Dargo at dinner tonight in the Bonehead house!
Bone

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If only Dargo could talk. I wonder what the story would be.
No matter how much fun he might have had, you can sure tell he's glad to be home. :)
Good picture Brent!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Dargo said:
Note his buddy Bruno just waiting for him to move so he can have the preferred spot. :thumb:

AH HA!! The true story is coming out! I think perhaps Bruno sent Dargo on a long walk, just so he could have the good seat! I bet he told him that there was something really neat that he just had to go see...uhhh...right over there on the other side of those trees! Yeah! Yeah, right over there! Oh, don't worry, I'll tell our humans where you are, no problem!

Feels good to be able to joke about it.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
You think that is a joke. When we got the German Shorthair Pointer, the Greyhound took her for a run in the woods and when she was about 2 1/2 miles up the trail, the Greyhound must have bolted into the underbrush to loose the GSP, because we were trying to keep up with them but couldn't. When we found the GSP, she was standing in the middle of the road looking lost. We never saw the Greyhound on our return trip to the house and have no idea as to how she got back to the house through the woods. After that, we never let the GSP out with the Greyhound together until they got to know each other better. By the time that the GSP was 6 months old, they were good buddies and the Greyhound started to teach her the way around the woods. She never got lost after that first experience. The Greyhound loved to travel and people 5 miles away would comment that they would see her stick her head out of the woods and then disappear back into the woods after checking out their yards. She could be gone for hours, but always returned in time for supper. After she died, the GSP always stayed around the house.

Attachments

• MVC-009S1.jpg
    MVC-009S1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 142

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
:jumpingSm

I'm SO glad you found your dog . It must have been a very rough week for you.

soundguy

Sorry you had lost your dog. I had mine (all of em ) microchipped.. however, when we lost one a couple years ago.. apparently the chip didn't make much difference.. who-ever had her obviously didn't take her into a vet / HS to be scanned.. etc.

Soundguy

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm just catching up on all of the threads since late last week. I just knew when I saw this thread near the top of my "New Posts" that Dargo must have found his way home! :a1: :a1: :a1:

Lawrence

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
:dancing: :dancing: :jumpingSm :thewave: :thewave: :showerSex

Thanks again for the kind words. Those of you with pets know well how nice the feeling was when I got Dargo back. He just got a clean check up from the vet and his meds updated. I just wonder how he managed to gain 3 pounds while on the lamb for over a week. :confused:

Oh well, he's back and seems to be happier than ever to see us. I was almost convinced that this thread was going to have a bad ending. I'm so pleased that this thread can now possibly be a ray of hope for someone in the future if they have the same thing happen. Hopefully nobody's pet will run off, but you know what I mean.

I just had to throw that last 'shower' smiley in for the hell of it. :D

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I am so happy that you have found your missing family member, I was so afraid that it would not have a happy ending, but have been watching with hope. The news is brilliant, Timba (my dog) sends her love to him and suggests he does not go walk about again!