• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Okay, who got my snow this year?!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
By this time last year we had already had almost three feet of snow. This year we've had about an inch. :mad: Who on here is getting the white stuff?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I blame DaveNay and I'm pretty darm pissed about it too!

He drove to my little snow covered town to pick up his new Buhler Farm King 600 snow blower to mount on his JD tractor and while we were sitting there enjoying breakfast and a nice chat he said something like this: "of course, now that I have a snow blower there won't be any more snow for the rest of the season!" Well we had hard packed 6" of snow on the fields when he spoke, the roads were all clear except for isolated areas where snow from the fields drifted over them, but basically it has been melting and warm ever since that day. For the past week its been over 40F every day!

Light snow is due in my area for the next three days, I expect Dave will drive over here, out of spite, just to make it melt.

I'm going to have to convert my Snow Trac into a Mud Trac!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
How many time do I have to say it?!?! There will be no snow at our latitude until the year 2038, jsut because I bought the snowblower! I am still waiting for the entire planet to tip on it's side, and we will all be covered in sand at the equator.

:coolshade

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
I blame DaveNay and I'm pretty darm pissed about it too!
Yea Dave, I'm not happy either. (Whatever IL, IN, OH gets... we get it next).
I think you messed it up for all of us.

Why don't you drive that blower down to FL and leave it there (so they don't get any snow) and then we'll all be happy.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Yea Dave, I'm not happy either. (Whatever IL, IN, OH gets... we get it next).
I think you messed it up for all of us.

Why don't you drive that blower down to FL and leave it there (so they don't get any snow) and then we'll all be happy.

Yeah, Don and his neighbors would brobably hook it up and try to blow tourists out of the way with it! :yum:

We're at about 120 inches for the season so far as of the end of December. We have a lake effect snow warning for the next few days so it looks like the snow counter will be going up quick again soon.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dave, we are getting freezing rain now. Could you do me a favor and move farther west or north? Maybe if you were farther away my freezing rain would turn to snow?

OkeeDon

Every time the subject of snow removal comes up, it reminds me that I didn't have my camera with me the one day I needed it. I was following a landscaping service truck. On the back of the truck, it said, "Free Snowplowing". After I quit laughing, I wished I had my camera!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dargo said:
By this time last year we had already had almost three feet of snow. This year we've had about an inch. :mad: Who on here is getting the white stuff?

I got the snow and am ready to go:D

Attachments

• Snowmobile.jpg
    Snowmobile.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 108

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Ah, you speaketh my language and appreciate the same sort of toys! :D:thumb:

JimR

Charter Member
We got your snow in Ma. But not that much of it. I think we have had about 24 inches so far at my house.

Attachments

• DSC00277.JPG
    DSC00277.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 103

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Today at my house we got close to 1/64th of an inch. But with blowing and drifting, some areas got as much as 1/16th of an inch.

At my office we have nothing, but my office is closer to DavyNay's brand new shiny hot waxed and polished unused snowblower.

JayC

Huh?
We got about 4 or 5 inches of the white crap today. Boy, I'm glad we only have it for only a couple days. We are suppose to get above freezing for the next week. Except for a couple days (right now), we have been above freezing for quite a while. Just about got rid of the previous stuff and then this comes. After the holidays, I'm ready to say goodbye to the snow.:flame2:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a light dusting this morning. Nothing on the roads.

Murph,
How fast does that buggy go? Sure looks like fun.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey! We got a "trace" this morning. I tried to build a snowman with the kids, but we couldn't find two flakes to stick together. :(

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Dargo said:
Hey! We got a "trace" this morning. I tried to build a snowman with the kids, but we couldn't find two flakes to stick together. :(
There's plenty of flakes on this forum you could use !! It would make for one ugly snowman tho !!

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Have you seen the news today.. Asian countries are getting pounded w/ snow.. China was getting hit pretty good.. I read that temps hit -45 in some regions.. also read that Japan had 13 feet in some places.. a family was crushed when there house collapsed from the weight of the snow. Crazy weather.. -45 is way too cold for me.

HarryG

Where I am in Upstate NY we usually have had it with snow by now. This however has been a unusually mild winter snow wise. I have only plowed snow twice so far (once I really didn't have to I just wanted to play). I am quite surprized and not complaining. There is basically no frost in the ground and if we get a good storm it will make a mess digging the drive while plowing.
Now that I'm making comments about no snow I'll expect a blizzard of biblical proportions.

Snow makes some people wierd.

Attachments

• jggn04.jpg
    jggn04.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 89

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like testicular imbalance to me....:w00t2:Had to bump this for all the penis craving newbies!:yum::yum::yum:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
well guys up here by the arctic circle we still have snow but I thing snow catting will be coming to an end soon. the days are getting long even though it's still cool out the sun is having an effect, as snow doesn't block the uv and vegetation is showing up on the hill sides now I 'm hoping for a nice dry warm summer this year as i'n tired of running around in jackets all year and also these monsoons we have been having in the summer.our winter was quite mild and not much snow I only billed about 700 bucks for snow removal this year in past years I have done that in a month.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
there was this snow. then we got a chit-load 1 day, & consistent flurries fer months.

Attachments

• snowydaze.jpg
    snowydaze.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 24

Mark.Sibole

Where I am in Upstate NY we usually have had it with snow by now. This however has been a unusually mild winter snow wise. I have only plowed snow twice so far (once I really didn't have to I just wanted to play). I am quite surprized and not complaining. There is basically no frost in the ground and if we get a good storm it will make a mess digging the drive while plowing.
Now that I'm making comments about no snow I'll expect a blizzard of biblical proportions.

Snow makes some people wierd.
Looks to me like he is trolling for nancy Pelosi and a lot of democrates