• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

x mas gift for pet

working woman

Site Supporter
Ok all you animal lovers, how many of you bought your beloved pets an xmas gift?

I must admit I was out of town over xmas and had to board my dogs, felt guilty and bought them chewies to get off their shit list!

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Everyday is Christmas for my dogs. There isn't a day that goes by that they don't get some treat or toy to play with.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Big bag a chew bones and a RED bone shaped squeeky toy!

Attachments

• 100_0616.JPG
    100_0616.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 162

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
My dogs get new squeaky toys and some dog bone things (whatever I find). What they like most is unwrapping the presents. I wrap them up and put them in several layers of paper bags and lots of tape and then it's a big shred fest.

My big dog (9 years old) even brought his new squeaky racoon to bed with him last night. He's a 100 pounds of puppy.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I buy Buddy a stocking full of play toys every year. The stuffed ones usually are gone by next Christmas. The squeakie ones dont squeak anymore by then either.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
OhioTC18 said:
I buy Buddy a stocking full of play toys every year. The stuffed ones usually are gone by next Christmas. The squeakie ones dont squeak anymore by then either.

Are you kidding....Joker can have that many toys shredded and destroyed by New Years! A year later is not even in the realm of possibility.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
:whistle:
DaveNay said:
Are you kidding....Joker can have that many toys shredded and destroyed by New Years! A year later is not even in the realm of possibility.

Now now gentlemen..... we aren't going to have a "my dog is better than your dog" type of debate getting started are we?????????? :D :whistle:

Last edited:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Junkman said:
:whistle:

Now now gentlemen..... we aren't going to have a "my dog is better than your dog" type of debate getting started are we?????????? :D :whistle:

My pet can whip your pet anyday, and toys to him are well, BIG

You started it by hinting Junk................he with the biggest and wildest pets wins.............hehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehhe

Photo from the site, www.exoticfelinerescuecenter.org

Attachments

• image0421.jpg
    image0421.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 151

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
ddrane2115 said:
My pet can whip your pet anyday, and toys to him are well, BIG

You started it by hinting Junk................he with the biggest and wildest pets wins.............hehehehehehehehheheheheheheheheheh

Danny; I'm not gonna argue with ya on that. Nice cat!!:thumb::tiphat::beer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does he sleep you with you Danny? Nice pic!!!!!

Oh yeah, Bailey got a big ole stocking of stuff. Overflowing. It all wouldn't even fit inside the stocking. She got a Kong Frisbee, a 3 ft pull rope (thick one), and a big squeaky toy. It even still squeaks!

off topic but for stuffed toys, we'll stop at garage sales and pick up kids leftovers. Pound puppys, bears, etc. They hold up much better than the soft toys they sell for pets, and they cost 50 cents or a buck each.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The cat is a resident of the rescue center, one of over 200 big cats. I just happen to be drawn to our native cougars. they have tigers, lions, tigons, leopards, Servals, Black leopards.

Ever see a full grown lions paw, up close and personal. They are in fact about the size of a mans face. Tigers are a bit smaller.

go to the website, click on the photo links, you will see what wonderful beautiful animals these are. Remember that each of the animals at this place was abused, left to die, used as gaurd animals for drug runners, confiscated, or just kept as pets till the owner got tired of them. Without the center, they would have been killed.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Good idea on the toys, never thought of that one. We do have 9 house cats, in the house, that some of them do sleep with us. We spoil them.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
off topic but for stuffed toys, we'll stop at garage sales and pick up kids leftovers. Pound puppys, bears, etc. They hold up much better than the soft toys they sell for pets, and they cost 50 cents or a buck each.
FOR FREE - Lots of stuffed "things" (mainly animals). You pay shipping. Keep this post here or move to the classifieds?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
For our Great Dane so medium to big ones. Her favorite right now is the pound puppies so anything like that would be great.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
Her favorite right now is the pound puppies
Are we still talking about stuffed animals or do you go to the dog pound? :eek:

Mrs. Zoom just pulled a lot out to go away. I don't know where they are so it'll be awhile. The PO is closed until Tuesday anyway.

How about dolls (with plastic heads)?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Brian!!! No hurry at all.

Sorry but you'll have to find someone else to take the dolls with plastic heads.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Of course all the animals in my family have Christmas presents. The goats, the sheep, the guinea pig and Timba...oh I forgot the one tropical fish! In the background of this picture you can see Timba's toy box, some of the toys are in it, but most are scattered in the hall for anyone to fall over!!

Attachments

• Timba 1.jpg
    Timba 1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 120

DAP

Ahem. Last nite, Cooper, the cat, got about 3 fresh shrimp and a half dozen steamed mussels. He is served at the table just like I am 'cept I have a plate. He prefers to drag his morsels to the chair or the floor.

Whisper and Alice (the finest greyhounds ever out of Plainfield CT) got to gnaw on some asparagus and pork tenderloin - then do plate clearing duty.

I had the same - for a change.

Those aminals own and wear more clothes than I do and eat as good or better. They have not been weaned off of red meat like I have. So .. I guess they are having a better go at it than myself.

Xmas treats? XMAS TREATS? Every friggin day is XMAS (for all of us).

Oh .. almost forgot .. Lizzie and Sophie (young female pygmy goats) usually have a bag of SCOOPS (Fritos) regularly .. which is their overwhelming favorite - 2nd to nothing. I can be caught sneeking some of them.

:smileywac

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The gift that Mith ordered finally arrived I see.......

Attachments

• English hooker.jpg
    English hooker.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 102

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Never mind Christmas presents - too late or too early for that, depending on your point of view! How many pets had Easter presents (eggs?) Timba had a new chew, demolished in less than five minutes!! The guinea pig had lettuce and the goats a little extra in their breakfast. The sheep were the only ones who missed out, but I didn't tell them it was Easter, so hope they didn't notice!