• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Migrain head aches

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Some of you know my wife really suffers badly from these. For years the cost, the inability to plan, or even hold a job have been difficult at best..

Then a new drug called Aimovig from Novartis has been introduced to the market. My wife through her neurologist has been selected for a year long trial of this, the first ever drug that prevents migraine's. All others up to this point have been about treating the pain from these awful headaches. It is a once a month injection, and I gave her the first one a month ago, and her second dose yesterday...

The good news is that for the last 30 days + she has not had a bad headache!!! :clap: :thumbup: I can not remember a time when this was true. Not in 23 years of marriage can I say that!

Regards, Kirk

There just maybe hope!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Some of you know my wife really suffers badly from these. For years the cost, the inability to plan, or even hold a job have been difficult at best..

Then a new drug called Aimovig from Novartis has been introduced to the market. My wife through her neurologist has been selected for a year long trial of this, the first ever drug that prevents migraine's. All others up to this point have been about treating the pain from these awful headaches. It is a once a month injection, and I gave her the first one a month ago, and her second dose yesterday...

The good news is that for the last 30 days + she has not had a bad headache!!! :clap: :thumbup: I can not remember a time when this was true. Not in 23 years of marriage can I say that!

Regards, Kirk

There just maybe hope!

GREAT NEWS!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Kirk, that's wonderful news.

Throughout my life I have suffered pain from broken bones, torn muscles and ligaments, torn tendons and the usual cuts and bruises. All the result of leading an active life but I have never felt pain like that associated with a migraine headache. Don't get me wrong, I've only had 5 of them in my life and I never figured out what triggered them. I haven't had one in over 25 years but I still remember the last one I had when we lived in Dallas. It hurt so bad that if I could have got out of bed and reached my gun, I would have shot myself just to put an end to the suffering. I didn't know that a human being could hurt that bad. It's the most debilitating thing that has ever happened to me.

To all the people who say that's it's just a headache, take an aspirin and you'll be okay I say screw you. I have the utmost sympathy for anyone who suffers from them regularly. I hope that the new medication continues to work for her and releases her from the hell that is a migraine headache.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Great news. I don't envy anyone with migraines. They are like anything that is chronic. A royal pain in the a$$.

Could the lack of migraines be a seasonal thing? I know for me with my pain, it sort of subsides in the summer. Once the cold weather hits, the pain is back.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

There just maybe hope!

That is great news Kirk. As a lifelong migraine sufferer I can sympathize with her. I did not have as bad as your wife but they did affect my life. A revamp of my blood pressure meds in 2010 stopped them altogether. An unintended, but very welcome circumstance.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats to you and your wife Kirk. That is awesome news. I hope the success continues through the entire trial and the med is approved for continued use. :clap: :clap: :clap: