• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Brake bands

GKP

Has anyone changed out the brake bands in a KT3? If so how difficult is it? Do you have to remove the unit? Thanks!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Gavin ,
I do not think you will have to remove the differential to do this job . Do you have the KT3 manual on this ? I think it can be done by removing the firewall and steering levers . Let me take a look in my book and i'll get back to you on this . I have my unit completely out of the sno cat as we speak .
If nothing else i'll go out and pop the inspection cover off mine , to see what is entailed to do this ,as it needs to be done anyway before being reinstalled .

This would be a great "How To Install Brakes" article for other Kristi owners so lets get pictures too and post for everyones benefit !!!

EDIT: I just checked my manual and the Brake Band replacement procedure is explained on pages 6 & 7 . YOU DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE UNIT !