• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone here make soap?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Title pretty much says it all.

My daughter has me intrigued with a recent conversation and now we're thinking of making our own soap.

Who has done it?

Any special recommendations on additives that make the soap better (like particular essential oils, oatmeal, salt, clay, etc???). Specific recipes for various soaps? Moisturizing soap? Soap to clean grease? Others???

How long does it have to dry out before it can be used?

Advice?

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
To be honest , nope . I even try to avoid using it until the dogs try to roll on me ...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have helped with this years ago.

I remember using a large cast iron kettle. When we added the lye to the mix it got quite hot from the chemical reaction...

Beyond that I am not really sure, as it was years ago...

Regards, Kirk

jwstewar

We have looked into and have purchased a lot of the stuff we need including the lye to do it. We had plans to this year, but we ended up drying most of our goats up pretty quick, so that went our supply of extra milk. Pretty much everyone left in milk was feeding the babies left on a bottle.