• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Soon it will be down to just Laura and the dog ....

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
"National Rifle Association is being pressured by its membership to distance itself from President Bush's energy policies that have opened more public land for oil and gas drilling and limited access to hunters and anglers.

" "The Bush administration has placed more emphasis on oil and gas than access rights for hunters," said Ronald L. Schmeits, second vice president of the NRA, a member of its board of directors and a bank president in Raton, N.M. "

For those who don't recognise this thread's title - Bush once said he would never change course regardless if no one agreed with him aside from his wife and Barney, the dog.

It looks like NRA just bailed, or is about to. Here's the rest of their story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/06/AR2007010601300_pf.html

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
This piece is a hack written by gun control kooks. I wouldn't be surprised if it was written by the Iraqi Police Captain that files all the fake reports with the AP. This is one of their new angles. They are going to try and convince "hunters" that they care about their interests and try to draw them away from the NRA and then start trying to ban handguns and non-hunting related firearms. It's the same angle as the Gay rights stuff - just keep chipping away at the foundation and find little things to blow out of proportion.

I'm not buying it. The NRA is very good at representing the interests of it's members and it polls us annually (or more).

The only people buying this stuff are people that want to buy it.

Cityboy

Banned
Thanks for the information. As a life member of the NRA, you can rest assured I'll be emailing them this link so that this disinformation can be refuted.

No liberal bias in the media eh?

jdwilson44

PBinWA said:
This piece is a hack written by gun control kooks. I wouldn't be surprised if it was written by the Iraqi Police Captain that files all the fake reports with the AP. This is one of their new angles. They are going to try and convince "hunters" that they care about their interests and try to draw them away from the NRA and then start trying to ban handguns and non-hunting related firearms. It's the same angle as the Gay rights stuff - just keep chipping away at the foundation and find little things to blow out of proportion.

I'm not buying it. The NRA is very good at representing the interests of it's members and it polls us annually (or more).

The only people buying this stuff are people that want to buy it.

There does seem to be a trend of so called "hunting groups" coming out for gun control. Here in MA we had a group come out for more strict gun control - who claim to be hunters, after we had a shooting in a nightclub recently. From what I see in the NRA magazines - and on the internet forums people seem to be onto them. I think it is a covert type method the gun grabbers are using now to try and break up the gun community.