• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

factory tucker trailer??

brianf

seen this for sale is this factory trailer or home made

Attachments

• tjc.jpg
    tjc.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 552

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd say it was factory made Brianf...

Look at the roof. Know anyone that is so skilled that they could make those rolled edges and corners? Not many people can do that in a home shop. Looks like it was pressed in a very large die set. I don't know if Tucker made such a sled, but I would sure be looking into that, as it apears it could be Tucker made. What is the decal on the side about? or is it some thing else.....

Very cool find!!

Regards, Kirk

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, that is kick ass. I've only seen (pictures) the flat utility trailer that Tucker made. And like Kirk said, that roof is definately Tucker, as well as the windshields used front and rear, and the door windows on the sides.

Is it empty inside or does it have bench seating? Curious to see the entry door as well . . .

Oilcanman

I am thinking it is not, because the hitch on this trailer is not made as strong as I would think Tucker would make. To make a hitch strong one would have the iron extend under the main frame to the back as far as possiable, not but welded as this shows to the trailer. The box looks like a sleeper off a truck with windows added. I have been wrong many times before, just my thoughts. Also it look kind of narrow and may or may not pull in the tucker tracks.

Oilcanman

the old trucker

Anyone phone & check on it ?? Got a ## ? Like Oilcanman said the hitch is very slight looking. It does look like an older aluminum bunk off a truck, probably 42" or 48". the axle is spread out for a more stable ride. anybody know if the tucker behind it is for sale ??

OT.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm still thinking Tucker. They would have had miles of that square stock laying around. Why not use what you have when it's sliding over the snow anyway? The tubing, welding and trianglation of the braces worked well enough for the actual machine I'm sure they had no doubt their craftmanship would be good enough for a trailer.

The center hitch tube certainly runs all the way to the axle centerline and everything else is framed and braced off of that.

And judging from the windshields, it would be almost exactly as wide as the bodies of the late 60's early 70's 442/3's. And based on the side windows in a door would make the box roughly 9.5 feet.

One thing that could make it a non-Tucker are the windows on the other side. Is it me or does it look like there are 4 window openings and no sliders in them???

Last edited:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Side windows:

Attachments

• Buffalo%20cat%201.jpg
    Buffalo%20cat%201.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 507
  • Buffalo%20cat%202.jpg
    Buffalo%20cat%202.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 510

Short bus

1977 what year did tucker stop producing cats with pontoons?
I like that little trailer but would not go to Reno for it.