• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hit deer at 110mph

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hit a deer responding to a call at over 110 mph

Attachments

• HitDeerAt110mph.jpg
    HitDeerAt110mph.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 164

Bamby

This Isanti County (Minnesota) Sheriff's Deputy was responding lights and siren to a man with a gun call in Cambridge early morning on October 21st when out of the ditch popped this deer. The deputy did a great job of just getting on the brakes and keeping it in his lane, even though the hood went into his windshield. It goes to show how dangerous deer strikes can be, but this also shows how important it is to NOT swerve when an animal strike is going to occur.

http://youtu.be/hEOCrwE0OJs

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Bamby!!!!

Same link trying to get it embed here on FF.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEOCrwE0OJs"]Minnesota Cop vs Deer - 100+mph Crash on Highway | Jason Asselin - YouTube[/ame]

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Last deer I hit literally was crouched on the side of the road and leaped out in front of my truck at the last minute. Fortunately we have small dear - only bent my license plate on it's way under my truck.

Deer are not smart.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There were two occasions where my son had a run-in with deer.
One tore the front end bumper off one of the large wreckers, Noah.
Now when that truck takes a hit, you know it hit hard.
Bam!
It was a buck, and it went flying like a frisbee across the field.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
About forty years ago, I was doing about 110 in my Oldsmobile Starfire ( a Chevy Vega with olds stickers on the hubcaps) eastern MO. I was lining up a small S curve I had run many times before when a small herd ( 7 or 8) of deer came running across and stopped on the road. I began slowing down but brakes slammed on hard would mean you have no steering. So I quickly decided to plow through and hope for the best.

The deer were confused and began running all which way, but none actually got OUT of the way. To this day I don't know how but I missed every one of them. All I remember was the look on the face of a big buck in my rear view mirror. Apparently, he was annoyed that I was threatening his harem.:unsure:

And in my mind I distinctly heard him call me an @sshole. I swear it.:yum:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
In December 1967, about 2:00 AM, a big buck came out of the ditch next to the highway right in front of my VW Camper; there wasn't even time to hit the brakes before he hit. From my perspective at the time he just materialized in the road about 20 feet in front the of me. I parked on the shoulder for a couple of minutes. When I recovered from the shock and drove on home the left headlight on the VW was pointing straight up. I was only going 55 on a 65 mph road; I've wondered since how much worse it would have been had I been doing the posted 65 mph.

Thank heavens for good insurance, as that damned venison-on-the-hoof did over $1000 in damage ... in 1967 dollars!

k-dog

Last deer I hit was in my F250 and it was actually hit by a Ford Transit van coming the other way and launched into the top of the cab of my truck. My son was in the passenger seat and was knocked out and got a bad concussion. I think the rear view mirror hit him and knocked him out when it broke away.
He was taken to hospital and was fine other than concussion.

Attachments

• A4B48D74-0BBE-4504-9213-2EB7CA2F789F.jpg
    A4B48D74-0BBE-4504-9213-2EB7CA2F789F.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 94
  • CAF3735B-94AA-4DE7-B86E-9399D77BD8DA.jpg
    CAF3735B-94AA-4DE7-B86E-9399D77BD8DA.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 95

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn. :eek: And those F'ing deer never carry insurance. :angry:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ouch. That had to hurt. I got lucky he went under the tire and not over. The one I hit landed in the other lane and got hit by a transport.