• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

damned weather

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
if weather could speak--
my weather is similar to a cranky pregnant lady--
'look. i'm 2.5 seconds into my pregnancy, & i'm gonna weep over a few dramatic lifetime shows fer no f-in apparent reason. except 4 that fact that uuuuuuuuuuuuuu (guy) fergot to make me a tums-&-yogurt drink w/ a few f'kin calciums & a few pre-natals in there. & i soooooooo requested 4-5 tins of candy, too.
now wait while i snack on maalox w/ chalk.'

my weather is an angry woman tonite.

i gotta laugh @ she-isms.

i'm gonna weep if i put espn on & we....... weren't 100% tonite.

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My weather is just hot and muggy and miserable. Too much too quick since we had frost twice last week!:hammer:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had great weather for the weekend.

I got 2 large raised beds built. Used boards to frame them in. Filled each with 3+ cubic yards of black topsoil. Then laid down some underlayment barrier and poured about 3" of crushed limestone down to make paths around them and between them. There are several more beds that I'm trying to make, but we've been having down pouring rain since late Sunday evening. Not supposed to stop until later this week, but it may take another 10+ days to dry out the ground enough to get the tractor back down there without tearing up too much earth/grass and/or getting the tractor stuck!

So yes, the weather sucks.

But I'm not sure I'd compare it to a pregnant lady.

Leni

How about sending some of that rain over this way. We've got hot dry winds up to 80 MPH through the canyons and a fire going down San Diego way.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Leni, sorry, no can do. But Doc should be getting my weather anytime now.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It's headed this way Bob. Between tomorrow and Thursday we're looking at 2-3" of rain.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Y'all in Ohio are supposed to be sending stuff our way (into PA). Keep it.

It looks really isolated but intense. I don't want it. I need to till the garden, mow the lawn... None can be done in the wet.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Leni, sorry, no can do. But Doc should be getting my weather anytime now.
Yep, lots of lightning and thunder last night. More rain predicted tonight and Thursday.

Edit to modify my post: I had said it was going to be 5 ft over flood stage. Wrong. I checked the corp of engineers web site and it's predictiing that we will be a few feet under flood stage.

If anyone is bored and wants to see what I'm talking about here's the link:
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/rive...143683,146083,146052,146051&data[]=hydrograph