• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hello from Cherry Point, NC

Deputy347k9

As your newest member I am looking forward to chatting with some wonderful individuals on many topics. A bit of background on "who I am". Born and raised in the State of Maine I enlisted into the U.S. Marine Corps upon graduation from High School. I found a home, heck they clothed me, fed me and sent me to some really weird places, all free! After a couple of decades running around the world the wife thought it best we finally settle down. Back to Maine "from Sunny California', what in God's name am I doing? Once in Maine I saw an ad in the local paper for the hiring of some new police officers? Why not, another free uniform! There I proudly served twenty years as a road officer/K9 handler. Retired a couple of years ago and settled into "farm" life. Well that got old fast and I was not enjoying the cold as I once did when much younger. With the use of the internet I found a beautiful home located not far from Marine Corps Air Station, Cherry Point, NC. Wife and I decided it was time to sell the farm and move on. I so much looked forward toe returning to our Marine Corps. Move completed August 15, 2012. The wife and I very much enjoy metal detecting and can be found at the ocean several times weekly. I guess I have run my gums long enough. My many thanks and blessings.
Most respectfully,
Larry
Deputy347k9 Retired
MSgt US Marine Corps Retired

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy and nice to meet you.

North Carolina? I sense an opportunity.

My daughter will be coming to your house to do laundry on the weekends as she will be entering college this fall as a college freshman (Wake Forest). Please also slip her a $20.00 bill when she leaves, we all know that college kids need money! Oh, and if your wife could bake her some cookies from time to time I'm sure that would be appreciated too.

Deputy347k9

I'am not sure if a single $20.00 bill will be of any use to her. I am thinking it would need to be much bigger then that! LOL. Sounds like one super proud dad. Best wishes.

Most respectfully,
Larry
Deputy347k9 Retired
MSgt US Marine Corps Retired

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I will send her with her own laundry soap, if that helps!

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to FF Larry. This is a very different forum, but we all seem to like it, in some fashion. We keep coming back.

Leni

Welcome Larry. I think that I'm just about the only female here except for luvs. Somebodys got to keep these guys in line. :biggrin: Seriously, we do have a lot of fun here. Looking forward to more posts from you. This is one wacky group including me. :smile:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome Larry! There are a lot of opinionated old retirees here, as well as some plain old dischargees. (What? Me? I'm one of
the retired ones and as free of opinions as a new-born babe; ask anyone! :whistling:)

Leni

Seems to me that you served Sailor. Me? I'm a retired government employee sucking up all of that cash.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems to me that you served Sailor. Me? I'm a retired government employee sucking up all of that cash.

Guess I should have said military retiree, but I thought that was implicit. But you're probably right - it's best to spell these
things out, using small words, when dealing with a retired Marine. :w00t2::whistling:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the nut house Larry. If you're a liberal willing to take a beating, there's a steak dinner in it from Doc. Right now there are no liberals willing to come forward and debate the left's viewpoint, so here's your chance for 10 or 20 seconds of fame.:brows::yum:

USAF SSGT dischargee, '69-'73

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

Good ole Cherry Point. I was stationed there for a bit ('82-83) but got moved from working on EA6B's over to UH1/AH1's and therefore spent most of my time at New River.

Thanks for your service!

Semper Fi

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome ................... BTW, you can't trust any of these old coots, dementia is a wonderful thing!

Enjoy the forum!