• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cats Meow Jamboree, April, 2015

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OKAY, sno-cat crazy people, plans are coming together for an 2 events in the NW that will make cats meow look like a resort outing,

2016, FABULOUS location with super access for all. Will be happening in March, on a tuesday/wednesday, RV, trailer, snow camping, sleeping in the back of your cat, motel/hotels very close by. lots and lots of area to sno-cat, big litter box!
BEST OF ALL, a low budget gathering filled with priceless adventures.

2017, even better than 2016 and it will be in central idaho,

stay tuned, and get your machines repaired, restored, and if you do not have one, better get one, better yet, two.

tuckerville minion

I missed the location of the Idaho one.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
you guys are GREAT ! we have serval signed up for the Silcox Hut sno-cat outing, it will be like our own mountain retreat.

happy 4 th of Tucker to all !

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
alright, alright, alright,

pleased to announce the 2017 sno-cat summit gathering will be in McCall Idaho, Feb. 23-26 of 2017, yes, i know it is way early to do this, you DO NOT want to miss this, McCall is truly a great place for a sno-cat jamboree to happen, I will start a new thread for this event.

Attachments

• cat_skier1.jpg
    cat_skier1.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 281
nice! - that's only an 8 hour drive for me and on a route that is pretty much free of mountain passes, something unusual for the part of the world that I live in

Sno-Surfer

Awesome news for both events!! This makes my day!
I happen to be at Glacier Park now camping with my family in our vw camper. This place is awesome!
I'll see you all at both of these! :wow::w00t2:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
silcox hut event is filling up, so, when the hut is full, you can stay in the lodge, government camp, down mountain, and or hood river oregon, or RV it, come for the day or stay for all three days, going to be fun, and the best part you do not need to spend big money to come and have a great time with great sno-cat folks. thanks tuckerville minion

Sno-Surfer

We may re-book ourselves to the lodge this year. I called yesterday and this year they are charging per kid as well so it puts the silcox hut into a much more expensive stay. :ermm: Dang cause the kids loved it up there.
I'm sure they'll enjoy the lodge too.

teamster

When and where is anything being planned for the spring of 2016. I got confused reading the 30 pages of posts and reading 2017. Sorry for the dumb question.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Cats Meow Jamboree, April, 2015(midwest edition)

In the spring of 2016.
Specifically first weekend in February.
there is a Two-Three day vintage sno(w) cat get together in Iron wood MI.
it is a mere 22 hour drive for you........:whistling:
Trail rides to lake superior Thursday and Friday. (guided and/or go it alone if you prefer)
Vintage over the snow show Sat AM. (reduced chair lift and rentals for participant families )
Snow cat operation on the Big Powder horn Sat PM.
Trail ride to Live music ( picture attached)
Demo rides by reservation
Award/Dinner program Saturday night.

Mike

worthy of mention:
In addition but somewhat unrelated, in past years there was quite a bit of chat about Loading some dry vans with cats and contracting a carrier to ship them to the West coast events and back at a later date.
This would allow participants to fly to and from events making it doable for us working stiffs......

Attachments

• DSC02314 (Small).JPG
    DSC02314 (Small).JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 420

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
When and where is anything being planned for the spring of 2016. I got confused reading the 30 pages of posts and reading 2017. Sorry for the dumb question.

cats meow at timberline/silcox hut is may 6,7,and 8 th,2016, one day two days or all three your choice, you can keep it low cost or go for the room in the lodge, your choice, just be sure to come and cat around, it is going to be a fabulous year for sno!!!

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
cats meow at timberline/silcox hut is may 6,7,and 8 th,2016, one day two days or all three your choice, you can keep it low cost or go for the room in the lodge, your choice, just be sure to come and cat around, it is going to be a fabulous year for sno!!!

So I guess its ON, for the 2016 as well?:biggrin::clap::wow:

I just wanted to throw this in.
picture was taken last week.
silcox%208%2027%2015.jpg

I wonder where all that snow went?

Thanks for posting a pic Jim

it's all about downhill

Nuts
GOLD Site Supporter
We were near there two weeks ago. The famous Palmer Sno(w) Field (Famous for year-around skiing) was so small that one would have to walk to the top (down from the lift) ski in the ice and mud to the bottom of it, then walk the remaining distance (about half way) to ride up from the midway loading terminal. It had been shut down about two weeks before that, so the entire uphill and most of the down would be "muscledraulic", and the weather has been great too.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember in the '70's climbing up to stand on the near chimney. It was a climb of about two inches. No technical gear required.

Just in the rare instance you don't believe the downhill guy, here is a photo of the west chimney of Silcox Hut in '72. (That's it to downhill's left and I might add less than a two inch climb). He had hair back then.

Attachments

• DSCN2713.jpg
    DSCN2713.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 491

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that must have been before it was rebuilt. steve told us you could ski down in it prior to the rebuild.
it is deep .

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great photo! That tucker looks ahead of its time!
I can barely wait for the cat meow again!:w00t2:

That is a 1970 543-A with the 318ci engine we used on Mt. Hood. The 28 inch steel tracks were removed and the rubber belted tracks were one of the first set Tucker made and we tested for them. You can see the second Magic Mile Ribblet chair lift in the back ground. It was built on the next ridge west of the original for obvious reasons, the first one got buried on a regular basis. Silcox Hut was the upper terminal for that first lift built in late 1930's. I remember riding on that lift with my skis on the snow in a hand shoveled trench. When the lift shut down, the Timberline lift crew would cover the trench with plywood to try to keep as much snow out for the next day.

This photo shows what lift crews had to deal with in those years. This is a 1947 423 Sno-Cat at Silcox Hut.

Attachments

• DSCN2706.jpg
    DSCN2706.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 314

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like the Ford flathead powered version 423 !!!! deep snow !!:biggrin: When i worked lift maintenance we had problems with the ribblet hangers cracking inside the cable!!! did a 36 hr replace on all one Christmas vacation week !!:sad::sad:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I almost forgot about this.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I almost forgot about this.
will the non silcox people be allowed to visit but not sleep at it?
jim